Used Malwarebytes now my wifi does not work

I downloaded and used Malwarebytes for the first time today. After my scan came up with 17 possible threats I went ahead and quarantined them. After the restart of the device i noticed I no longer was able to connect to any wifi network. The computer won't even show network options to connect via wireless. I am able to get online via Ethernet. After I noticed the issue I decided to restore the threats from quarantine but still no wifi. Then I went ahead and deleted the software and reinstalled. I ran the scan again to get the report to post on the forum. I also went ahead and followed other procedures to get other reports using software recommended on the pinned posts of site. (attached to post)

I do have Avast Premier installed and have been using for over a year now. 

Addition.txt

AdwCleaner[C0].txt

FRST.txt

Malwarebytes scan.txt

Edited by beat432

Hello beat432 and :welcome:

My screen name is Android8888 but if you wish you can call me Rui which is my real name. I will be helping you with your malware issues. Please ask questions if anything is unclear.

I suggest printing out each set of instructions or copy them to a Notepad file and reading the entire post before proceeding. It will make following them easier.

Read all of my instructions very carefully and bear in mind that any mistakes during the cleaning process may have serious consequences such as leaving the computer unbootable.

Please DO NOT run any tools on your own or make any other changes to your computer and follow the directions in the order listed during the malware removal process, otherwise you can worsen the situation rather than solve it.

Make sure to run all tools from the computer's Desktop and with Administrator privileges (i.e. right-click the tool icon and select Run as administrator).

Please run one scan at a time.

It is advisable that once started, malware removal process should be completed. That means even if your computer appears to be running better after performing a first set of instructions, it may still be infected as some infections are difficult to remove and can leave remnants on the System. Please consider it clean and safe only when I declare it free of malware.

With that being said let's start.

Next,

Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST64.exe executable is located); DO NOT open or modify that file!
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator;
  • Click on the Fix button;
    NYA5Cbr.png
    Credits: Aura
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Please attach the fixlog.txt in your next reply;

Next,

• Download Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on JRT.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator;
  • Press on any key to launch the scan and let it complete;
    tLsXbWy.png
    Credits: Bleeping Computer and Aura
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please attach that log in your next reply;

Next,

• Open Malwarebytes;
  • On the left pane select Settings;
  • Select the Protection tab;
  • Scroll down to Scan Options and ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on and leave all other settings to default.
  • Go back to DashBoard and select the blue Scan Now tab; Note: The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
  • When the scan completes if potential threats are detected, ensure to checkmark all the listed items, and click the Quarantine Selectedbutton.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the View Report button, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), give it a name and save it to your Desktop.
  • The log can also be viewed by clicking the log to select it, then clicking the View Report button.
  • Please attach the log in your next reply.

Next,

Please download Sophos Virus Removal Tool and save it to your computer's Desktop.

The Sophos Virus Removal Tool scans the following areas of your computer:

Memory, including system memory on 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows
The Windows registry
All local hard drives, fixed and removable
Mapped network drives are not scanned.

Note: If threats are found in the computer memory, the scan stops. This is because further scanning could enable the threat to spread. You will be asked to click Start Cleanup to remove the threats before continuing the scan.

• Right-click the icon and select Run as administrator.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • Click the Next button.
  • Select 'I accept the terms in the license agreement', then click Next twice.
  • Click the Install button and wait until the installation is complete.
  • Click the Finish button. The tool created a shortcut icon on the Desktop of your computer.
  • Now, double-click the Sophos Virus Removal Tool shortcut icon to run the tool.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • After it updates and a "Start Scanning" button appears in the lower right:
    • Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
    • Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
    • Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
  • Click the "Start Scanning" button in the lower right to start the scan.
  • After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
  • When finished, if it detected anything there will be a "Start Clean-up" button, click it and allow it to finish.
  • When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View Log file (bottom left-hand corner).
  • Copy and paste its contents in your next reply and note any errors encountered.
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup.
  • Click Exit to close the program.
  • If no threats were found, please confirm that result.

Note: Whenever necessary, the log will be in the following location:

Windows Vista and above:
C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Sophos Virus Removal Tool\Logs\SophosVirusRemovalTool.log

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply and note any errors encountered.

In your next reply please attach:
The fixlog.txt;
The JRT.txt log;
The Malwarebytes quarantine log.
The SVRT.log

How is the computer running? Are you able to connect the wi-fi network now?

Rui

fixlist.txt

Edited by Android8888
Attach fixlist.txt

Hi Vic and thank you for those logs.

You're most welcome and I'm glad to hear that the problem seems to be solved.

Your computer appears to be clean and malware free.

Now is time for some program updates. Outdated programs contains security vulnerabilities that are exploited by malware in order to infect the computer without the user's knowledge. Usually this is one of the ways that more contributes to the infection of your computer.

Run a program like Personal Software Inspector (PSI) or FileHippo Update Checker to see what programs need to be updated.

After that you can clean up the tools we used in the removal and the logs created by them.

Then, and if all is well with the computer:

To help keep malware off your system below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer in order to prevent future malware infections. Please consider using these ideas to help secure your computer.

Keep your Windows Operating System up-to-date.

Keep your AntiVirus program up-to-date.

Please note: Many installer offer third-party downloads that are installed automatically when you do not uncheck certain checkboxes. While most of the time not being malicious you usually do not want these on your computer. Be careful during the installation process and you will avoid seeing tons of new unwanted toolbars in your favorite web browser.

Keep Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) update and perform a regular scan to your system as it will make it harder for malware to reside on your computer.
A tutorial on using MBAM can be found here and a complete guide here

Please Note: Only the paid for version has real time capabilities. Please Note: Only the paid for version has real time capabilities. Please go here and scroll down to find a comparison list of the two versions.

A free non-resident utility to prevent the installation of ActiveX-based malware is JavaCool's SpywareBlaster, available here

Please keep these programs up-to-date and run them whenever you suspect a problem to prevent malware problems. A number of programs have resident protection and it is a good idea to run the resident protection of one of each type of program to maintain protection. However, it is important to run only one resident program of each type since they can conflict and become less effective. That means only one antivirus, firewall and scanning anti-spyware program at a time. Passive protectors, like SpywareBlaster can be run with any of them.

Note that there are a lot of rogue programs out there that want to scare you into giving them your money and some malware actually claims to be security programs. If you get a popup for a security program that you did not install yourself, do NOT click on it and ask for help immediately. It is very important to run an antivirus and firewall, but you can't always rely on reviews and ads for information. Ask in a security forum that you trust if you are not sure.

A similar category of programs is now called "scareware." Scareware programs are active infections that will pop-up on your computer and tell you that you are infected. If you look closely, it will usually have a name that looks like it might be legitimate, but it is NOT one of the programs you installed. It tells you to click and install it right away. If you click on any part of it, including the 'X' to close it, you may actually help it infect your computer further. Keeping protection updated and running resident protection can help prevent these infections. If it happens anyway, get offline as quickly as you can. Pull the internet connection cable or shut down the computer if you have to. Contact someone to help by using another computer if possible. These programs are also sometimes called 'rogues', but they are different than the older version of rogues mentioned above.

Another most feared threat at the moment is an infection by a Ransomware. A Ransomware infection is a program that ransoms the data or functionality of your computer until you perform an action. This action is typically to pay a ransom in the form of Bitcoins or another payment method. I advise you to read more info on this terrible threat here and here.

Please keep your programs up to date. This applies to most of the programs and all your Internet Browsers in particular. Vulnerabilities are often exploited in order to install malware on your PC.

Be careful with flash drives, as they can spread infections. See this post on USB/flash drive safety.

Stay away from P2P software; even with a clean P2P program, their networks are often riddled with malware.

Don't click on attachments or links in e-mail, and read your e-mail in text-only mode for the highest safety.

Don't click on links received in instant message programs.

A HOSTS file will prevent Internet Explorer from communicating with sites known to be associated with adware or spyware. A good regularly updated HOST file is MVPS HOSTS File, available here

For much more useful and complete information, please read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices:
So how did I get infected in the first place
Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

Hopefully these steps will help to keep you error and malware free. If you run into more difficulty, we will certainly do what we can to help.

Happy surfing and stay safe. default_cool.png

Rui

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!