Malwarebytes 1.40 and IP protection

Hello :(

I've set the last version, the 1.40, with the IP blocking module.

If this module is disabled, no problem the software is running fine.

Once I've activate the IP protection (or within 10mn) by right clicking on the tray icon, then it's not possible to get anymore the menu by the same right clic on thetray icon... like if the service in background not responding anymore.

It's still possible to access the software but only with destok shorcut.

I've tried to install/uninstall with the cleaning tool, and ccleaner but the issue is still here.

Have you any idea for fixing this problem ?

Many thanks four your reply. :(

Hello :(

I've set the last version, the 1.40, with the IP blocking module.

If this module is disabled, no problem the software is running fine.

Once I've activate the IP protection (or within 10mn) by right clicking on the tray icon, then it's not possible to get anymore the menu by the same right clic on thetray icon... like if the service in background not responding anymore.

It's still possible to access the software but only with destok shorcut.

I've tried to install/uninstall with the cleaning tool, and ccleaner but the issue is still here.

Have you any idea for fixing this problem ?

Many thanks four your reply. :(

Edit : If I restart mbamgui.exe with process explorer the right clicking menu tray icon is available again.

I thought the software running fine without IP blocking module enabled but I was wrong....

The only way to get the menu (for activate protection /IP blocking and else) with right clicking on tray icon is restart mbgui.exe with process explorer ... for 10mn max ....

What version of Windows are you running?

Can you please check your logs to see if there are any error message:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs (Windows 2000/XP)

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs (Windows Vista)

What version of Windows are you running?

Can you please check your logs to see if there are any error message:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs (Windows 2000/XP)

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs (Windows Vista)

Many thanks for your attention.

The problem occurs less often now, but I didn't change anything. Odd ...

I'm under Windows Vista 32bits - SP1.

06:33:03 Fr

If you wish, you can disable the IP protection.

This software was running fine and some genious changed the whole shootin match so it now blocks every site I go to including Megaupload etc Can you not add a setting part to dissable IP protection and just leave it to your firewall

Sitel, it seems to be active but there maybe be some kind of corruption. Let's try a fresh reinstall.

Please download and run this utility and REBOOT. (very important).

Then redownload the latest version of MBAM from here.

Reinstall, and then please open your antivirus console (which antivirus are you using?) and look for the exclusions list. Add the following files to it (so they are excluded from AV scanning):

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

You may have to do the same for your firewall. What other security software are you using?

THEN please open MBAM back up and Start Protection.

Well, I'll try this way as soon as possible :D

My antivirus is Avira Antivir in the last version (9.0.0.66).

I used to have Spybot set on my system but I've removed it a few weeks ago (a bit useless I think now :rolleyes: ).

Only Vista firewall and Windows defender.

I try the fresh install and I'll post a feedback when it's done.

Thanks a lot anyway :)

Something new :

I've removed malwarebytes 1.40, wash with your cleaning tool and removed all entries with "malwarebytes" from the registry.

Then I set malwarebytes 1.40 again.

Now, it's not possible to activate Ip protection (the menu is reacheable but a left click on "IP protection" has no effect.

An extract of the log :

09:02:56 Fr

This will be fixed within 10 minutes. I've found the "glitch", tested (since I could reproduce it) and it works fine now.

Please update the database in 10 minutes, then reboot and let me know if that solved it.

It should be database version 2650 then. :(

So, I've updated the database to 2653, IP protection module is working now ... but the other problem still here.

I'm sure that my registry base is corrupt because each time I try to install/uninstall your soft the results are different.

If on a fresh install of Seven the problem is still there I'll post again :(

I've tried to set it up on the laptop of my wife and everything is fine (except "IP protection" sometime resist when I want to disable it).

You're right to implement new features, and IP protection is a good idea (only a suggestion by if we could disable the tray balloons in the future).

Many thanks for your support :(