[ RESOLVED ] Web Protection Keeps turning off

nikhils

Did what you requested waited for a little while ?30 seconds? Malwarebytes just did the same thing when tried to activate web protection button turned green and the word "Starting..." appeared. "Starting" never went away. This is the same result as trying to activate with ESET active. So result of test was ESET disabled Malwarebytes web protection  still could not be activated

Frank2849

• 2 weeks later...

nikhils

I have tried the turn MB off then back on, I have seen in other posts,  but it does not help(Windows 7)! I read, in OTHER post, you found the problem and should fix problem in next update can you tell me when that will be?

SHOULD I try " Porthos Posted Sunday at 05:29 am" fix........ using "mb_clean"

I see other posts to other people but do not see any updates to me.

Frank2849

AdvancedSetup

I am still here. Just waiting for my solution to the problem. I read a lot of people run the " mb_clean " and reinstall most of them are Windows 10. I am Windows 7 should I try " mb_clean " also. I was hoping staff would come back and tell me what my solution is or give me a idea of when the next update is, that is suppose to fix the problem.

Frank2849

AdvancedSetup

A MalwareBytes program  update to Version  3.3.1.2183 came out, so I did it instead of the " mb_clean " Update appears to be working for last 2 days using Windows 7. Am I correct in assuming the version update fixed the problem and I don not need to run the " mb_clean " ?

Frank2849

It is possible.  We did track down and fix at least some of the issues which were causing protection components to fail under some circumstances so if the software is working properly for you now then there should be no need to run MB_Clean and reinstall again.  If you do continue to see any issues, then you may proceed with the clean install process and post back to let us know what happened and how it went.

Thank you for your patience with us as we work to resolve these issues.

Frustrating program. I had this issue before and it went away. Then program updated and web protection will randomly turn itself off. I did MB Clean and installed 3.2.2.2029 1.0.212 1.0.3180 on my Windows 10 Pro machine. Still occasionally shuts down web protection. Only way to get it going again is to reboot.

1 minute ago, wrj54 said:

I did MB Clean and installed 3.2.2.2029 1.0.212 1.0.3180 on my Windows 10 Pro machine.

Can you try installing the latest 3.3.1 over your existing product and let me know if that worked.

Just download the latest installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Run the installer on top of your existing product. No need to uninstall. Restart after.

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Can you try installing the latest 3.3.1 over your existing product and let me know if that worked.

Just download the latest installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Run the installer on top of your existing product. No need to uninstall. Restart after.

Will do but it doesn't fail daily so it could take time

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Porthos' solution (posted on November 5th :

installing the latest 3.3.1 over your existing product and let me know if that worked.

Run the installer on top of your existing product. No need to uninstall. Restart after)

has settled the problem for me. Everything is back to normal.

Thanks