Please disable adblock - Boulder

boulderpictures

I have been trying to figure out why all 3 of my browsers says "please disable adblock" and I finally narrowed it down to Malwarebytes after a long time trying to figure it out. I don't want to disable Malwarebytes, that is asking for disaster, in less than an hour I guarantee that I will have a trojan/malware/ransomware/virus/exploit active of my system. Is there a way to allow them to show to get around not being able to access websites? The problem is, at least for me, so many websites use url forwarders and shortlinks and Malwarebytens flags lots of these. Those url forwarders and shortlinks sometimes have advertising displayed on their splash-screens which seem to be detected as being blocked also.

JB

Ah, okies. Appreciate the information. 

I don't want to seem like a Malwarebytes fanboy, but it's definitely better to keep it turned on, let me explain. Malwarebytes is the only thing that stops all malware via the web. Windows Defender is good catching files on a computer hard-drive itself and Virustotal is excellent for scanning files under 170 megabytes in size, but if I don't have Malwarebytes web protection turned on my computer becomes an excellent way for me to demonstrate just how risky the web is to people who don't believe me.

1. Turn off Maywarebytes

2. Visit a few websites, maybe download a few files from graphic design related websites.

Probably every graphic designer does this, be it PS actions, plugins, textures, typefaces, new tools for all the new technologies, after effects projects, etc, you get what I am saying -- a graphic designer can easily become useless if they aren't constantly researching and testing visual arts related everything. This can easily become more work than actually working in my humble opinion.

3. Turn on Malwarebytes and show everything what happens when I retrace my steps online with it enabled and also run a background file scan. The internet is so much more dangerous than people thing. In 2015 after returning back from overseas I had never even heard of ransomware, because I lived in Japan for like 13-years, but before 2015 ended ransomware encrypted all of my data files and that is actually why I pay for the software....that was the craziest infection I have ever had in over 26 years of computer use.

JB a Graphic Designer in Boulder, CO with Boulder Bridges Creative,  4747 Table Mesa Dr