Malwarebytes 3.2.2.2029 doesn't run

I have now downloaded, installed, done a clean removal and a re-installation of the Malwarebytes 3.2.2.2029 Application several times.  I have done the installation with "Run as Administrator." Each time, it appears the installation works correctly.  But when I click on the Malwarebytes icon, nothing happens.  When I check the Task Manager, the only part of Malwarebytes that seems to be working is the Malwarebytes System Tray application.  None of the other parts of the software seem to have been installed.  Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

mb-check-results.zip

Same results as hiflyer15. Several tickets with tech support. Last reply was to modify Norton Security which was done. No change. Did another clean and install on 3/7. No change. Getting incompatible message under task manager. This problem started about 9/21/17.

This is getting ridiculous.  I have only been able to run the version 2.xx ever since I purchased the license on March 6th, 2017.  I started a support request within days of my purchase, but that was unsuccessful.  Now with your latest updates, version 2.xx won't function anymore.  Consequently, I no longer have any version of your software that functions.  I feel that I have been totally ripped off as you are apparently selling a flawed product.   This is completely unacceptable!!!!!!!!!

Hi @hiflyer15

Can you please try something.

1. Boot into safe mode.

2. Get mb-clean tool from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

3. Run the tool in the safe mode and clean up everything.

4. Tool will ask you to reboot . 

5. Reboot back into the safe mode and manually run the 3.2.2.2029 installer again and see if you can run the program.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hiflyer15 said:

Big surprise.  Silence, just like in March!  It has been 8 days!!  Poor support.  Would not recommend to anyone!!!!!!!

The forum does not work like a live chat room and staff work  M-F (3 people mainly). That being said. Let's add exclusions to Your AV. Add BD to the  MB exclusions as well.

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list as mentioned in this FAQ HERE (my list below includes the exe files as well)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Next

Download the latest MB 3 installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3
Run the installer on top of your existing product. (Note you don't have to uninstall anything, just run the installer again)

Edited by Porthos

To Hiflyer15.

You indicated that you tried running the program in Safe mode.  But had no luck.  Was there any sort of error message at all ?

If and when there are error mesages, or any sort of "message" it is so key to know the full text of it.

It appears that the pc has also BitDefender and apparently also Zone Alarm from Checkpoint.  which may or may not be interfering.

But since you could not run Malwarebytes in Safe mode, then the odds are quite high there is a serious malware infection on-board.

I am moving your Thread to the Malware removal help section.

This Thread is for Hiflyer15 only.   The advice is for Hiflyer15 only.

@Hiflyer15

I would like for you to close all open work files  ( if any) are open or running.  Before doing what is listed on the link listed below.

Disregard the title or description of that article.  I would suggest you do what is listed on this link and then let me know all the results.

There will be more to do afterwards.   Please do know I am not on 24 x 7.   This special tool run is the first step.  Thank you for your patience in advance.

One other point and request:  When reporting back on results, I need to have all full details, on what worked.  What did not work.  And I especially need to have full text of any and every Error or crash or abort message.   And kindly no short one-liners like "didn't work".

Thank you.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!