LinkinForcer

NVIDIA Trojan.Crypt?

Just updated database (MBAM 3.2.2 - Update package version 1.0.2967) and restored file. 
Ran manual threat scan and all came up clean for me (Win 10 Pro 64bit if it matters)

Hi,

I got this same problem but Malware Bytes wants to delete the file on reboot and won't let me stop it. I've tried restoring the file in the quarantine list but it's tellikng me it can't do anything until a reboot.

Will I still have the option to restore it after a reboot? As far as I can tell, this is an important file for Nvidia so having it deleted will cause problems with my display drivers. I've gone ahead and added the containing folder to the exclusion list.

So I deleted the file...  Can I add it back in from the earlier posts in the forum?  Went into full panic mode because I had my bank account hacked after an attack before I got Malware Bytes.

40 minutes ago, octaviom18 said:

I got the file for you good sir!

Ontology.zip

Thank you :)

19 minutes ago, TheBorzoi said:

Will I still have the option to restore it after a reboot?

Yes. Be sure to update your database version too.

14 minutes ago, cutepanda86 said:

So I deleted the file...  Can I add it back in from the earlier posts in the forum?  Went into full panic mode because I had my bank account hacked after an attack before I got Malware Bytes.

Sorry for the false alarm. Yes you can restore the file now from the quarantine tab. I recommend updating to the latest database as well.

Edited by thisisu

4 minutes ago, cutepanda86 said:

I guess yes, but I cannot be sure if nVidia made different versions of this DLL for different Windows/Geforce Experience versions.

Someone else suggested deleting the contents of C:\Users\(Your username)\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\NvBackend\ApplicationOntology\ or reinstalling Geforce Experience.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/800367/geforce-experience/i-get-a-nividia-error-with-the-file-ontology-dll/post/4411615/#4411615

Backup any files before deleting.

Just now, TheQuickFox said:

I guess yes, but I cannot be sure if nVidia made different versions of this DLL for different Windows/Geforce Experience versions.

Someone else suggested deleting the contents of C:\Users\(Your username)\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\NvBackend\ApplicationOntology\ or reinstalling Geforce Experience.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/800367/geforce-experience/i-get-a-nividia-error-with-the-file-ontology-dll/post/4411615/#4411615

Backup any files before deleting.

Yeah not sure I can do that.  I'm running Windows 7 and the last update forces my computer to freeze and reboot.  My computer guy said that as ling as I don't update, that I should be able to run everything fine.  So should I just try to run without?

1 minute ago, cutepanda86 said:

Yeah not sure I can do that.  I'm running Windows 7 and the last update forces my computer to freeze and reboot.  My computer guy said that as ling as I don't update, that I should be able to run everything fine.  So should I just try to run without?

The result of a missing DLL can be unpredictable. My DLL in the RAR is also from Windows 7 x64 but I run GFE 2.11.4.0 (I dislike mandatory login wit GFE 3.x)

But considering the file and file signature date it looks like the DLL is being automatically updated from nVidia servers. Maybe rebooting, deleting the mentioned folder contents or reinstalling GFE works, but I'm guessing here.

Again: backup before you delete.

Just now, TheQuickFox said:

The result of a missing DLL can be unpredictable. My DLL in the RAR is also from Windows 7 x64 but I run GFE 2.11.4.0 (I dislike mandatory login wit GFE 3.x)

But considering the file and file signature date it looks like the DLL is being automatically updated from nVidia servers. Maybe rebooting, deleting the mentioned folder contents or reinstalling GFE works, but I'm guessing here.

Again: backup before you delete.

Yeah I'm using version 3.0.7.34.  I restored a previous version of the folder and it reappeared.  I think I should be good now.  Thanks!

If you did not reboot yet after MBAM quarantined the file, you won't be able to restore it until you reboot because MBAM itself has it locked.
If this is the case, reboot the machine, open MBAM & in the main program window under "scan status", click "current" beside "updates". Once updated, you should be able to de-quarantine the file(s).