Detecting Android Malware?

MAM

Hello, you could not also detect the Andoid malware from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0 for the PC?

Yes, i know that makes not a big sense, but why NOT ?

Other vendors, BTW AV vendors can also such BAD nastys recognize.

Only a idea from me.

MAM

Edited by MAM

Android simulators are actually emulators, meaning they work very similar to a virtual machine (VM).  This means that software run within them shouldn't be able to interact with the OS the emulator is running on.  That said, I do believe there have been one or two infections in the past which were able to escape a VM, however those were Windows VMs and the malware in question was designed deliberately to escape a VM to infect the host operating system for malware researchers and users who run their web browsers inside VMs for security.  Making an Android (Linux, essentially) piece of malware capable of not only interacting with, but actually infecting a Windows system is extremely unlikely, if not all out impossible (I've never heard of such a threat myself that was truly cross-platform).

Now, with all that said, I don't think it's a bad idea to be capable of detecting mobile threats in our desktop version of Malwarebytes for the sake of users who plug in their devices to their PCs for syncing, charging or other purposes (like moving files to/from it such as pictures, videos, music etc.), but honestly as long as the mobile device has our Malwarebytes Mobile version installed, it shouldn't make much difference.