Hi @Keyvan,

The legitimate version of com.seven.adclear is not detected.  However, there are variations of com.seven.adclear that  have been modified to contain malware/adware.  If you can tell me what it is being detected as, I can look into it further for you.

Nathan

Hi, Nathan,

This is what we are seeing:  States - Possible Ransonware Detected!  Is there a way that Malwarebytes could not show this message?

Regards,

Keyvan

image.png.9c165ff538d3d304000cdba3d322c59d.png

Nathan, Also - This issue was replicated from an official release version of AdClear from seven.com. The warning appeared after multiple scans of the device, with the first scans not reporting any issues.

Hello, is this now a real infection, and than true, can Malwarebytes Mobile 3.0 this handle?

MAM

....under two devices with Android by me, i found no Malware.

Strange.

@Keyan

How did you download AdClear now?

MAM

What schall i say, your App Programm is clean i guess.

But, a f/p?

MAM

Apologies, the developer team has to say about Malwarebytes Mobile 3.0 now.

MAM

Hi @Keyvan,

Thanks for updated description of the issue.  It appears this is from our advanced ransomware scanner.  The version on Google Play using the Samsung Browser appears to be good (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seven.adclear.fsb).

I assume you are referring to the version found on your website -> https://www.seven.com/adclear-installation.php.  The app is likely being flagged as potential ransomware due to elevated privileges and/or side loading to install.

Installation from outside the Play Store plus elevated privileges are red flags and as a security application we want to warn our customers that a suspicious app was installed and it should be reviewed.

Thanks for reaching out,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Do you know of which elevated priveledges you are referring to?  I would like to make changes to prevent AdClear from being flagged by Malwarebytes.

Keyvan