Probem Opening MB

Last Spring I was getting messages when booting up that MB couldn't connect. I finally got around to downloading and running the MB Clean thing and reinstalling the program. I no longer get the can't connect message but now I can't open the program either by double clicking the desktop icon or right clicking the tray icon and the tray icon has what looks to be a red triangle with an exclamation point.

I clicked on the Diagnostic Logs link and clicked on Download FRST which immediately restarted my computer.

I've attached the log that the MB Clean thing put on my desktop.

mb-clean-results.txt

Try and collect the logs below and post them so we can have a look... (do you know what version of MB3 you have installed)?

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Thank You,

Firefox

Bingo. In your FRST log there a trace of infection.

When you are scanning in safe mode make sure to have your rootkit scan turned on. (Under Settings/Protection/Scan options turn on the Scan for Rootkits)

Quarantine and remove any threats you find.

Reboot in normal mode and launch Malwarebytes.