request.doc trojan/virus anyone know?

So I got duped earlier today by an email from a trusted sender.  The doc file attached was request.doc and the body of the email said

"morning please see attached and confim"

it was actually a response to a real email that I had sent a few months earlier (the party had already responded so I thought it was weird)

so I downloaded it and opened with word 2010 on win 7 by double clicking the file in my downloads folder. Word opened up,  but it said "file not found" and then the doc file was missing from my PC

Malware Bytes (free) came up clean.  I also have ESET (paid) and that too showed no threats.

Good news is that I have macros disabled in Word 2010.  Nothing appears to be wrong on my computer.

Did I dodge a bullet or am I still in trouble?

In my panic I deleted the email so unfortunately I don't have the .doc file for analysis

I found another site that has some info but they dont seem to have a solution

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2022920-beware-request-doc-sophisticated-send-in-email-chain

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!