likwyd

Offline clients keep listing (DNS flush not a fix)

Just wanted to update anyone following this thread.
I have been able to get computers back online and scanning for threats via manual and schedule.  Nothing has been the same, consistent workflow for every computer but for the majority, the following worked for me.  Keep in mind, I have tried everything suggested (and then some) in this and other threads before, just not in this order:

1. Run the clean tool with the /cloud switch, per @KDawg  (it can take a while waiting but you do eventually get a pop-up to reboot the computer).
  2. Check Installed Programs in Control Panel for any left over products that didn't get uninstalled (uninstall if there are; it actually works).
  3. Check processes to make sure the Endpoint Tray.exe isn't running (kill it if it is).
  4. Check Program Files and Program Data for anything named Malwarebytes%.  Delete folder to trash/shift+delete.  No permission errors.
  5. Install full package, per @KDawg (this only seems to install the agent and package msi).
  6. Download and Run mb3-setup-common-3.1.8.1830.exe (linked by @KDawg)

Previously, I had tried Revo Uninstaller to get rid of previous installation but 24hrs after reinstalling Malwarebytes, endpoints showed as offline again.

Edited by likwyd
added a word

13 hours ago, likwyd said:

Just wanted to update anyone following this thread.
I have been able to get computers back online and scanning for threats via manual and schedule.  Nothing has been the same, consistent workflow for every computer but for the majority, the following worked for me.  Keep in mind, I have tried everything suggested (and then some) in this and other threads before, just not in this order:

1. Run the clean tool with the /cloud switch, per @KDawg  (it can take a while waiting but you do eventually get a pop-up to reboot the computer).
  2. Check Installed Programs in Control Panel for any left over products that didn't get uninstalled (uninstall if there are; it actually works).
  3. Check processes to make sure the Endpoint Tray.exe isn't running (kill it if it is).
  4. Check Program Files and Program Data for anything named Malwarebytes%.  Delete folder to trash/shift+delete.  No permission errors.
  5. Install full package, per @KDawg (this only seems to install the agent and package msi).
  6. Download and Run mb3-setup-common-3.1.8.1830.exe (linked by @KDawg)

Previously, I had tried Revo Uninstaller to get rid of previous installation but 24hrs after reinstalling Malwarebytes, endpoints showed as offline again.

likwyd: When you say full package do you mean "64-bit Endpoint Agent Installer Only" or "Endpoint Agent Installer with Web Downloader" or "Endpoint Agent Installer and System Prerequisites" ?

I don't see any links to mb3-setup-common-3.1.8.1830.exe anywhere though?

Could you post the links to the files you are referencing? After yesterdays update the computer I'm on doesn't show online in the cloud anymore. **EDIT It just came back online, but the one beside me shows offline since 11:22:24 last night. **EDIT** A reboot brought it back online in the cloud.

Edited by IT_Guy

"Endpoint Agent Installer and System Prerequisites"

Available in the Endpoints > Add section or your cloud console.

addendpoint.thumb.PNG.d3ee0bdca74a144770f62ecf5a0f78ab.PNG

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

"Endpoint Agent Installer and System Prerequisites"

Available in the Endpoints > Add section or your cloud console.

addendpoint.thumb.PNG.d3ee0bdca74a144770f62ecf5a0f78ab.PNG

And the answer to the second half of the question?

The other part is a workaround to get the EP portion kick-started on certain problem endpoints particularly those with limited bandwidth that time out downloading

Once the agent is installed installing the EP plugin can be installed manually from

https://ark.mwbsys.com/ncep-win.installer.common/release?

This is a workaround with caveats I would ask a support agent about your specific issues before attempting