Installing keeps asking for reboot

Thanks. It looks like you have some drivers in a stuck state, probably because this is installed on a server operating system which isn't supported. It also looks like this is a pretty locked down system which is what's causing issues when trying to clean up leftovers. You will probably need to run mb-clean in safe mode to remove everything properly. If that doesn't work, you'll need to use an administrator account to delete the following files:

• C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mwac.sys

If you need to use Malwarebytes on a server, I'd recommend checking out our business offerings at http://malwarebytes.com/business

Edited by dcollins

Devin - thanks again, I'm actually logged on to the device with the domain administrator account.

I've installed Malwarebytes on a couple other servers running this same O/S without issue, just as an fyi.

Should I try the local admin account instead? As I'm on as the domain administrator can I skip to deleting the individual files and see if that works?

Mark

• 1 year later...
Just now, aquatech said:

I am having the same problem.  I go to install Maylwarebytes, and it goes to restart three times before saying it cannot install.  Please help.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes for Windows using the Malwarebytes Support tool. 

Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.