Malware in my browser. Cant download anything.

myrak

First of all im sorry if this isnt in the right category.

I've been looking everywhere but i cant find an answer. I already tried this:

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

Find "ScanWithAntiVirus" in the right pane and doubleclick on it and change it to 1.

Also Check

HKEY_Current_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

Reboot.

But it doesnt seem to work.. I already tried running adw cleaner but it didnt work and I dont know what to do left, please help me!

Man, if i cant download anything i cant download and install any program whatsoever, anyways i already made a system scan with my paid anti virus Bit Defender, and eliminated all the viruses on my computer, did the same with adw cleaner i had both previously installed on my pc.
Best Regards, MyraK

Edited by myrak

The reg key you mention is to scan any download file after download completes, I do not believe that key will give issue you have. Here are its setting options:

Scan With AntiVirus registry key values are: 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments
  • 1: Will turn ‘Off’ or disable the AV scan
  • 2: Optional scan
  • 3: Will enable the virus scan right after you completely open or save a program or file.

Use the following links and see if resetting your Browser to Default will make any difference:

Next,
Check for and delete untrusted root CA certificates:

• Select Windows key and R key together,,
  • In the Run dialog box type MMC, and then click OK.
  • The Microsoft Management Console (MMC) appears.
  • In the MMC, on the Console menu, click File then Add/Remove Snap-in....
  • In the Add or Remove Snap-in dialog box, click Certificates, and then click Add.
  • In the Certificates snap-in dialog box, click My User Account, and then click Finish.
  • click OK on Add or Remove Snap ins.
  • Expand the Certificates Current User node by double click
  • Expand UnTrusted Certification by double click
  • Double Click Certificates Trust List.
  • The details pane appears, showing all of the root CA certificates that are currently untrusted.
If there are untrusted Certificates listed for Malwarebytes or any other Security Programs delete them....

Excellent, see if you can do the following:

On your spare PC download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

save it to a USB flash drive. Ensure to get the correct version for your system, 32 bit or 64 bit...

Next,

On your sick PC, Select Windows Start flag, then Settings...

user posted image

From the settings window select "Update and Security"

user posted image

From the next windows select "Recovery"

user posted image

Then select "Restart Now"

Your PC will boot to the "Choose an Option" window, from that window select "Troubleshoot"

user posted image

From the next window select "Advanced Options"

user posted image

From the next window select "Command Prompt"

user posted image

Ensure to plug the Flashdrive into an open USB port, Continue with the following:

• In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type E:\frst64 or E:\frst depending on your version. Press Enter
  • Note: Replace letter E with the drive letter of your flash drive. <<<----vey important
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. You will need to boot back to Normal windows to post the log, or if applicable do that action from a spare PC...
  • To boot back to windows, type exit at the prompt and hit enter
  • Please copy and paste or attach FRST log to your reply.

Thanks,

Kevin...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!