Tray Application shows up in Alt Tab

See picture below.

When MBAM is in the background, and you do an Alt Tab or Win Tab, you see this. Please fix this, it's annoying enough when you have 10 different windows up and to have it just take up more space. 2017-09-28.png.9ff66c8ca392a975350472695505010d.png

Edited by epf
because

Greetings and welcome,

This is by design.  Our Developers had to make this change due to a bug discovered in Malwarebytes 3 and this was the only way to fix it at the time.  I do believe they are still researching other ways to solve the problem so that they may eliminate this, however for the time being it must remain unfortunately.

Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with.

Thanks

This isn't the bug I was referring to.  The bug actually existed in versions prior to this and this was the workaround that corrected the issue.  If you are having trouble with some other bug or problem with the software, then please create a new topic in this forum and we'd be glad to do our best to assist you.  In the meantime, if you do not wish to be notified about new program versions then you should be able to disable the option "Notify me when full version updates are available." and/or turn off notifications completely if you do not wish to receive any notifications.

You're welcome.  Yes, there are a few lingering issues with MB3 that we are aware of and are actively working to get corrected, though virtually all known major issues with it have thankfully been fixed and rolled out through our recent string of updates/patches over the past several weeks/months.

If you do find any problems, please don't hesitate to report them to us and we'll do our best to either solve the problem on your system or work to fix it in our software if it turns out to be a bug.  And of course, thank you for using Malwarebytes to keep your system safe :) .

Thanks for sharing this information, although it would be better if items like this were mentioned in the release updates so we don't have to waste time researching the issue.

Please add my request for this to be fixed soon and not left as a continuing "minor issue". For anyone who uses the keyboard Alt-Tab commands a bunch, this is fairly irritating. For the moment, the workaround I use is to move the MB3 window to another desktop (using Win 10 WIN+TAB command).