"Invalid IP Config" errors

7 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please try downloading and installing the top driver from this link.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Broadcom+BCM943228HMB

If that does not work then let me know what the Make and Model of your computer is. Also, laptop or desktop

Thanks

I guess I don't know how to install this driver.  The driver I have now for the Broadcom adapter is dated 7/6/2015 version  7.35.290.0.  I got it off the HP site for this computer.  

Give me directions to intall the one you found.

The internet-dead computer is an HP All-in-one Model 23-o014.  I am talking to you, using my Lenovo Ultrabook laptop, on my home router/modem.

Thanks.

Wendy

5 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

No, it's not a bad driver, but often the installer can fix broken entries. As I stated in the beginning, we may not be able to fix it but we'll try.

Please give me a new FRST set of logs and I'll review this weekend and see what I can find

Thanks

Thanks.  I will be checking through-out the weekend, to see if you respond.  I have about given up on myself being able to do this.  If we don't have a solution by Tuesday morning, I am going to take the computer to the Geek Squad or somewhere to have it wiped and reloaded.  Don't want to do that myself.FRST.txt

Addition.txt

• Root Admin

Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following check-boxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using Reset FF Proxy Settings option Firefox should be closed.

11 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following check-boxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using Reset FF Proxy Settings option Firefox should be closed.

It created a txt file named MTB.  I renamed it result.txt for you.  Thanks.

result.txt

• Root Admin

Please run the following fix. It will not fix anything. It will check some services to help me try to track down what's going on.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Ron

11 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please run the following fix. It will not fix anything. It will check some services to help me try to track down what's going on.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Ron

Here you are.  Thanks.

Wendy

Fixlog.txt

47 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Should be able to download from this link to use on the computer.

I made a mistake on the file I sent you. Please try this one instead.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

Ron

I stayed up late tonight, hoping to hear from you.  Here is the Fixlog.

I am planning to take the computer to the Geek Squad tomorrow.  Let me know in the morning if you have found anything.

Thanks.

Wendy

Fixlog.txt

• Root Admin

No, that looks good actually. I'm sure given time we could track it down. I found a few similar cases online though and none of them fixed it. In both cases the repair shop could not fix and formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows.

Let me know what they find or what they end up doing. Sorry, just don't think we'll be able to fix it in the time frame you need.

Best of luck Wendy, and do keep me posted as to the results.

Ron

On 10/2/2017 at 11:11 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

No, that looks good actually. I'm sure given time we could track it down. I found a few similar cases online though and none of them fixed it. In both cases the repair shop could not fix and formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows.

Let me know what they find or what they end up doing. Sorry, just don't think we'll be able to fix it in the time frame you need.

Best of luck Wendy, and do keep me posted as to the results.

Ron

The Geek Squad wrote this report:

Suspect passed all hardware tests, removed 1 trace of malware.  Windows was corrupt and needed to be reset (apps not launching, internet services broken), Windows 8 partition still on PC - will not reset, created Windows 10 media, installed 10, updated.

The computer works like new.  Thank you for all your efforts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Sorry for the delay Wendy. @Wendysmith

My wife was hospitalized for emergency surgery and I'm just recently getting back to work and following up on previous topics. Thank you for the update and I'm glad all is working well again for you.

Take care and stay safe out there.

Ron