Why Has My Software Not Updated to The New Version 3.2?

I have a premium licence and I am running version 3.1.2

I see from the forums that version 3.2 is available and has been since August. Why has my software not updated itself?

Do I have to download the latest version from the download link, or just wait for the program to update itself from the auto update in the software?

If I download the latest version, can I just install the latest version over what I already have installed?

Edited by Bomberh

As long as your version of Malwarebytes 3 is functioning the way it was designed, you do NOT need the latest, greatest program update. PROTECTION UPDATES are what is important. I am still running 3.1.2 and have ZERO complaints. Malwarebytes is protecting my computer just fine, thank you very much, and I am perfectly happy to wait until the program updates itself when it's damn good and ready to do so. I am NOT going to manually force anything.

@Bomberh,

I work here and just received the notification that an update was available.  The previous poster summed it up well, but if you insist on an immediate upgrade, follow the advice of @Porthos.  Unless there is a major upgrade, the most important thing to me is that I am safe.  I was and I am.