Malwarebytes Updates.

17 minutes ago, Northerner said:

At the moment I am unable to install updates to the latest version of Malwarebytes (Free).

Are you referring to definition updates or program updates?

I would suggest.Installing the latest 3.2.2.2029 over your existing product and let me know if that worked.

Just download the latest installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3

Run the installer on top of your existing product. No need to uninstall.

I have the Malwarebytes icon on my desktop and click on this.

I am taken to the Malwarebytes (Free) "box" and then simply click on "Scan" and I am told Malwarebytes is checking for updates.

This worked at normal speed on Thursday and Friday, but today updates took over an hour to download.

I have the latest version of Malwarebytes (Free) and wonder if this occasional problem has anything to do with my very slow broadband speed of around 0.5MB.

I live in a fairly remote rural area and speed is slower than before.

1 hour ago, Northerner said:

and wonder if this occasional problem has anything to do with my very slow broadband speed of around 0.5MB.

That is a huge factor.MB releases many updates a day in small increments that those with premium would get throughout the day. 

When you as a free user just get updates before a let's say a weekly scan those definitions have grown and take longer to download.

Edited by Porthos