Zeus virus alert - win defender

Dublin70

23 minutes ago, Dublin70 said:

this one looked a little different - "do not turn off your pc" --- call a toll free number for help-alert from win defender.

Fake notification from a website and it eminates from the 'net and NOT from your PC.  A true Anti Virus application that scans and detects scripted malware would detect this as a HTML.FakeAlert ( aka; TechBrolo ).

I have created a 1series of videos generated from these fraud sites for the purposes of recognition and education.  They are all  videos from real web sites.  ALL are FRAUDS.

All these have one thing in common and they have nothing to do with any software on your PC.  They are all nefarious web sites meant to defraud you of money. The objective is to, falsely, goad you to make the phone call and pay for some service contract for an incident that never happened.  From there they may continue to charge your Credit Card for other services, remote into your computer and do real damage and/or exfiltrate your personal data and they may use the information they obtain from you to commit additional frauds.

MalwareScam.wmv
MalwareScam-1.wmv
MalwareScam-2.wmv
MalwareScam-3.wmv
MalwareScam-4.wmv
MalwareScam-5.wmv
MalwareScam-6.wmv

I have also created a PDF ScreenShow of a myriad of FakeAlert screens - FakeAlert-Screens.pdf

Reference:   
US FBI PSA - Tech Support Scam

1.  Also located at "My Online Security" - Some videos of typical tech support scams

Thanks for that . I do know that these are nefarious scammers intent on getting some cash out of people. I have been thru it with a friend who made the mistake of calling the number. Anyway, since I turned it off, is it ok to turn it back on and since I am obviously not going to call the number am I ok or do I have to go thru any steps to prevent it from showing up again. Thanks for your input. Will watch your videos. Dublin70

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!