Internet and sound not working after using Malwarebytes

Just leave that for now, continue with sfc /scannow.... One last task before you run that command.... Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\drmk.sys zip up and attach drmk.sys to your next reply.

That driver is related to audio and has recently been incorrectly targeted by Malwarebytes scans, it did show as being present in your screenshots, I just wanto to check if is corrupt etc..

Thanks,

Kevin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you have SoundBlaster installed, it also seems to be disabled in MSConfig... You also mention reinstalling windows... I was googling looking for a reason for your audio problem and looked at the following link: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3468951/sound-blaster-cinema-supported-audio-device-avaliable.html

It mentions problems with Sound Blaster after a fresh install of windows, also a recent driver update may also be at fault.... Do you have another audio device installed other than Sound Blaster such a RealTek or similar...

Have a read of the link see if it makes sense to you...

I should mention that this problem occured before formating my pc, (after scanning with malwarebytes).

I did not updated recently my audio drivers...

I did look at my installed programs and finded this audio related sofwares:

Realtek high definition audio driver, sound blaster cinema, sound blaster audigy. I have 2 audio devices instaled: sound blaster audio audio controller and steelseries h wireless...

Edit: i also have friend come over to me and he helped me with internet not working (he formated my pc also). Audio wasn't working, so he said that maybe it's something with my sound card, so i buyed new one (Sound Blaster Audigy Fx Intern soundcard), but that wasn't the case... Thats where sound blaster audio audio controller come from, i used steelseries h wireless before that.

Edited by Anonimowyy2

I understand the issue was present before the format, many files were removed with Malwarebytes, at that time a common audio issue after Malwarebytes threat scan was caused by the removal of drmk.sys That being said a format and reinstall would definitely put that file back. I`ve check the file you compressed and attached, it is correct no problems....

Can you uninstall sound blaster, see if realtek will work...

Can you try reinstalling realtek audio drivers, go to the following link, checkmark the accept box, click next then d/l and install drivers for Windows 10 64bit

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Lets see if you get PC audio working..

Have a look at the explanation from MS for code 39 errors......

Code 39 “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware... (Code 39).”

Full Error Message

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Recommended Resolution

Reinstall the device driver manually

1. From Start, search for device manager and select Device Manager from the results.
  2. Right-click the device in the list.
  3. Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
  4. After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.
  5. Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

Note You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver.  If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s website.