Internet and sound not working after using Malwarebytes

So after using using malwarebytes and finding 219 threats, i restarted computer. After that my internet stopped working and little while later sound stopped working too.

Troubleshooting tool found drivers problems, but repair was unsuccessful. Installing drivers again didn't help, i have no idea what to do more :unsure:

Edited by Anonimowyy2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

Hello Anonimowyy2,

What exactly is wrong with the sound... Can you right click on the speaker icon next to the clock on tray, select "TroubleShoot Sound Problems"  What feedback do you get...

Eventviewer log from FRST shows the following:

Name: Sound Blaster Audio Controller
Description: Sound Blaster Audio Controller
Class Guid: {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Manufacturer: Creative Technology Ltd.
Service: HDAudBus
Problem: : Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Resolution: Reasons for this error include a driver that is not present; a binary file that is corrupt; a file I/O problem, or a driver that references an entry point in another binary file that could not be loaded.
Uninstall the driver, and then click "Scan for hardware changes" to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

Do you have software for that program, can you reinstall...?

Also do the following:

Run FRST one more time:

Type the following in the edit box after "Search:".

hdaudbus.sys

Click Search Files button and post the log (Search.txt) it makes to your reply.

Can you open Device Manager, scroll to and expand "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"  Right click on the listing for your sound card, select "Uninstall Device" agree the warning..

When that completes re-boot your system. Windows should see the sound card as new hardware on boot and attribute a fresh driver......

Any improvement...?

Can you open Device Manager again, scroll to and expand "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"  Right click on the listing for your sound card, select "Properties" in the new window select "Driver" then "Driver detailes" in the new window what do you see, can you post a screen shot. I`ve attached a screen shot for reference.....

audio.JPG

Those drivers are correct, ok I want you to run Windows Repair Tool by Tweaking.com, see if this helps us..

Download Portable Windows Repair (all in one) from one of the following:

www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio.zip

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/tweaking_com_windows_repair_portable,1.html

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

Unzip the contents into a newly created folder on your desktop.

Boot your system to Safe mode, instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Open the Tweaking.com folder, run the tool by right click on Repair_Windows (icon with red briefcase) select "Run as Administrator"

From the main GUI do the following:

Select Tab 5 to make Registry backup, use the recommended option...

user posted image

When complete select "Repairs" tab, from there select "Open Repairs" tab..

From that window select the default option and checkmarck "Select All" box. When ready select "Start Repairs" tab....

user posted image

When complete re-boot your system to Normal mode, see if there is any improvement...

Logs are saved to the Tweaking.com folder on your Desktop, the one to post is _Windows_Repair_Log.txt

Any improvement...?

Select the Windows key and X Key together. From the produced list select::

Command Promt (Admin)

Accept UAC alert...

At the Command prompt, type

CHKDSK C: /R

hit the Enter key.

You will get a message that the drive cannot be locked, but that the command can be scheduled to run at the next boot - hit the Y key, press Enter, and then reboot.

The CHKDSK may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive, so be patient!

After the CHKDSK has run use the following instructions to find the log:

Check Disk report:

• Press the WindowsKey + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type eventvwr into the run box and click OK.
  • In the left panel, expand Windows Logs and then click on Application.
  • Now, on the right side, click on Filter Current Log.
  • Under Event Sources, (expand the drop down arrow) check only Wininit and click OK.
  • You mayl be presented with one or multiple Wininit logs.
  • Click on an entry corresponding to the date and time of the disk check.
  • On the top main menu, click Action > Copy > Copy Details as Text.
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.

Next,

Select the Windows key and X Key together. From the produced list select::

Command Promt (Admin)

At the Command prompt, type

SFC /SCANNOW

hit the Enter key

Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot.

Copy the CBS.log file created (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) to your desktop (you can't manipulate it directly) and then compress the copy and upload the zip file to your reply.

Post those logs, any change..?

sfc /scannow is running...

I still can't find wininit log... I'm screenshoting what i got after typing...

get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

After typing 

get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message

I got no message

Bez tytułu 3.png