Malwarebytes Free stops analysis at 8 seconds.

Lets try a clean re-install of Malwarebytes, not sure when it was first installed...

Let's try this first.... (Malwarebytes clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-claen tool you will be asked to reboot. Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the latest version) or you can download the latest version manually (currently v3.2.2.2018 CU 1.0.188) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (after you run all the tools requested, all the logs will be combined into one log file named: mb-check-results.zip located on your Desktop (which will include the FRST logs inside the zip file))
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.2.2 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

I don't know how old it is, I didn't buy the drive. Someone asked me to copy some files and I did, but just minutes after, i tried copying other files and for some reason then it was protected. I have all the files backed up so i don't mind losing them, i just want the drive to be usable again.