Startup Delay Programs

I initially had startup and operational issues with MBAM 1.40 Protection on one of my computers (http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20752) which I resolved by turning off "Start with Windows" and launching MBAM protection manually after Windows completed its bootup cycle. The problem computer is connected to the router wirelessly using WPA2 encryption. It can take up to a minute after startup to establish the connection. I think that is part of the problem with MBAM Protection and possibly a startup freeze I occasionally have with Secunia PSI. I discovered that my Norton 360 has a delayed startup feature and have started using that for launching MBAM Protection with very good results. The only issue is that 360's delay is a nonvariable 5 minutes which is longer than needed.

I looked around a bit for a delayed startup application that offers multiple variable time delays by application and found Startup Delayer from r2 Studios. Does anyone have experience with this application or recommend another app?

My vote is for WinPatrol as it is much more than a startup manager but a SECURITY MONITOR that will will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission:

http://www.winpatrol.com

My vote is for WinPatrol as it is much more than a startup manager but a SECURITY MONITOR that will will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission:

http://www.winpatrol.com

YoKenny, Thanks. WinPatrol was one of the applications listed on the link that Prairie Dog provided. I couldn't find much information about the application on the WinPatrol site. Does WinPatrol allow the time delay to be set by program? I probably want to delay MBAM protection about 2 minutes and Secunia PSI about 2.5 minutes from login. Will WinPatrol do that? What is the advantage of the paid version (what do you get)? Since you use it, I assume it's fully compatible with MBAM and most AV software?

Here's a good link for the features of winpatrol

Thanks again: I use NoScript with Firefox. There wasn't much on the WinPatrol home page the first time I went there. After you sent me the link to the features, it occurred to me to try turning scripts on for the site home page. Voila! I should be able to find what I need to know now.

I really appreciate the help.

WinPatrol PLUS provides a quick lookup of the things running in your system through Info... then PLUS Info...

WinPatrol PLUS$29.95 is a good price and I recommend it to everyone to support WinPatrol just like I support MBAM

Example:

http://www.winpatrol.com/db/plus2009/explo...s&Microsoft Corporation&Windows Explorer&

Just a follow up: WinPatrol delays the startup of mbam Protection as needed. I also delayed a couple of updaters and added delayed autostart on a cpu monitoring utility that I use and previously manually started. Secunia PSI doesn't want to be delayed as it checks to be sure it's in the autostart list and reinserts itself if it's missing. I think WinPatrol may have a workaround, but it's not important as now that mbam Protection start is delayed, computer startups are fast and stable. I went ahead and purchased the Plus version of WinPatrol.

Thanks again YoKenny1 and prairie dog for the help.