Can't prevent pop ups on Mac

• Staff
6 hours ago, Dorit said:

After running malaware and performing a NVRAM I still get popups on Safari browser. Please help !!

I've attached a script I'd like you to run to gather more information about your system. It will prompt you to save a file. If you could send me that file, that would be helpful. You probably should send it to me in a direct message, rather than posting it in this forum.

Get System Profile.zip

• Staff

You have some adware installed that Malwarebytes should detect. It looks like you're using an older version of Malwarebytes.

First, open the older Malwarebytes Anti-Malware app and choose Uninstall from the Help menu.

Next, download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac from here and install it:

https://malwarebytes.com/mac

Note that it will give you a free trial of Premium features, but at the end of the trial, you can still continue to use the same manual scanning and removal as you did in our older software.

Run a scan with Malwarebytes for Mac. Let me know if that doesn't detect and remove some additional items.

3 hours ago, treed said:

You have some adware installed that Malwarebytes should detect. It looks like you're using an older version of Malwarebytes.

First, open the older Malwarebytes Anti-Malware app and choose Uninstall from the Help menu.

Next, download the latest version of Malwarebytes for Mac from here and install it:

https://malwarebytes.com/mac

Note that it will give you a free trial of Premium features, but at the end of the trial, you can still continue to use the same manual scanning and removal as you did in our older software.

Run a scan with Malwarebytes for Mac. Let me know if that doesn't detect and remove some additional items.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. Just installed the new application and hopefully it'll do the trick. Will let you know if not...

Cheers :))