MB3 causing freezing on my XP computer

I hope something happens, some day, at some time, with trying to install MB V3.whatever... as I tried it some months ago and it just didn't like my XP Pro SP3 even one tiny bit... and it froze up my system, until somehow (I still don't remember how I did it) I was able to "freeze" my boot-up and uninstalled V3.whatever of MBAM and went back to V2. I"m just grateful they still put out database updates for V2... and I hope, someday, they will make V3 compatible with XP. :=(

• Root Admin

Hello @NathanielA

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues updating to Malwarebytes 3 on your XP computer. We are aware of an issue with the Self Protection module causing issues and we're working on a fix for that.

If you like I can help you to get Malwarebytes 3 installed and working. Version 3 has much more protection than our 2.x product so I would highly recommend that you run that, especially on Windows XP which also is no longer supported by Microsoft for any security updates or exploits.

If you'd like to work with me on this please let me know

Thank you

Ron

Actually... if I could/maybe can/etc. get V3 to not freeze up my XP... I would like to try, maybe, just once more to install it and have it not freeze up my whole system. What particular magic are you proposing?...

• Root Admin

No magic but we have thousands of users using it on XP and I have it running on XP as well so my guess is there is something either on your system or something wrong with it that needs to be changed or fixed. If others can run it without an issue then you should be able to as well.

You can review my post here - where you can see that it is running just fine on my Windows XP

please follow these directions and post back the zipped log file and I will review and see what I can find.

Thank you

Ron