Hi guys, 

I've just bought and downloaded Malewarebytes 3.2.2 and when I went to activate my code. I got this error message. "unable to contact license server. check your network connection or contact your system administrator for help". my internet connection is perfectly fine.

Also after i press ok I get another error message saying, "(MBAM404101) Installation token not found. there is a problem with your license key and we are unable to activate your license. please check your license details and try entering your key again". 

If you can help me I would really appreciate it. 

Thank You,

Avery

You are missing some of the logs, please follow all the steps below and provide all the requested logs.

1. Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    • Leave the log files in the current location, they will be automatically collected by mb-check once you complete the next set of instructions
  6. Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, press "Enter" to accept the EULA then click "OK" 
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    • This file will include the FRST logs generated from the previous set of instructions
    • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Here is your issue if why you can't contact the license server...

2017-09-14 09:03 - 2017-09-14 08:25 - 000000953 ____R C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts

0.0.0.0                   telemetry.malwarebytes.com
0.0.0.0                   keystone.mwbsys.com

Not sure who put those in your hosts file, but they don't need to be there.  Remove those from your hosts file and you issue will be solved.

Thanks

Ok nevermind I figured it out. I hade to edit the hosts file, save it, then put it to "only read me". I guess it's this virus I hade on my computer that has been editing the files. 

The only problem I have left. is that even though now Malwarebytes is fully activated,  Malwarebytes says web protection is off. and when I try to turn it back on, it keeps sliding back to off again. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank You,

Avery.

Let's go the simple route.

First

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list as mentioned in this FAQ HERE (my list below includes the exe files as well)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Next

Let us get a clean install of the current version.

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product.

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed.

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.

Hi Porthos, 

In advanced systemcare ultimate for some reason,  When I try to Whitelist any of the files in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" they don't show up. Show what I did was just whitelist the whole folder. I ran the mb_clean tool and reinstalled Malwarebytes 3.2.2 and it's still sliding web protection to off on startup. 

I was wondering, Would a complete reinstallation of Windows and reinstall Malwarebytes afterward, do the trick with getting web-protection back on? My surface pro 4 is not my main computer and it doesn't have alot of files on it that I really need and can install the ones i do easily. So if you think this is the best way to do this. let me know.  

Thanks for your help guys,

Avery 

Personally, I don't use anything except Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. I surf with Firefox and add Ublock Origin to Firefox. 

I think at this point a format is not needed yet. 

53 minutes ago, Avery19000 said:

what I did was just whitelist the whole folder.

If you whitelisted the driver's folder in system 32 UNDO that right away.

Hi Dillion's and pathos,

i just wanted to let you know that I fixed the problem. I found it kind of werid that the code that I was useing was working  on my Gaming Laptop at home and not on my serface and when we did get to work on the surface no matter what I tried the webprotection kept getting shut off. 

After I tried What Pathos suggested I decided to save all the files I needed on my external hard drive and do a fresh reinstall of windows erasing all the old files and starting from scratch.

i re-downloaded Malewarebytes and my surface protection is staying on. 

Thank for you guys for all your help,

Avery

It wasn't a big deal I just backed up everything to my 1tb external harddrive. Which was more then enough space since really only my school work from college only hade to be backed up. But I saved all of it and I'm so happy that my Surface Pro 4 is working and malewarebytes is also working perfectly. 

Thank you guys so much for your help guys,

Avery