AVG question

I recently downloaded the free version of AVG and it scanned and showed the following actions taken;

Infection Object Process

Trojan horse Generic _cBWW C\windows\Temp\V2Rs45@03476 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

moved to Vault. Should i do anything, and are there any concerns? I see that malwarebytes is running, but doesn't actually show up on my

list of Security Settings in the Control Panel Security section.

I have MBAM and AVG 8.5 and its never found any conflict between them, possibly if its a real file from MBAM you can ask avg about its detection and whether they will exclude it as I am not sure avg has a allowed list.

I have MBAM and AVG 8.5 and its never found any conflict between them, possibly if its a real file from MBAM you can ask avg about its detection and whether they will exclude it as I am not sure avg has a allowed list.

I had no problems downloading it from the internet, it never asked for anything but to not have two antivirus running at the same time. I was under the impression that it was strictly antivirus and not a antispyware program? Thanks.

I had no problems downloading it from the internet, it never asked for anything but to not have two antivirus running at the same time. I was under the impression that it was strictly antivirus and not a antispyware program? Thanks.

AVG does have an antispyware component, but MBAM should play nicely with it as chimpy stated. If AVG does not have an "allow" feature, look for an exclusion list and add MBAM.

AVG does have an exclusion list, you can either do the whole malwarebytes folder or just single files....

Ah right, thats good for me to know in the future too!

i like this AFT for cleaning out temp files,also cleans out other files.with no harm.

it can be got from Atribune.org

direct link ; http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25

a update is on the way btw version now stands at 3.0.0.2 supports I.E firefox opera

atm its still a solid program.

xp and windows 2000 only.

I run vista and have ATF so the new version supports it.

thats good to know chimpy,as no dout i will be having a massive headache when my daughter brings her laptop around again.her mum just doesnt understand the need for security,alought shes her mum and i wont say a bad thing about her just simply i get dumped with a infected laptop about every two-four mths,and thats a good tool for cleaning out the rubbish before i start,thanks for the info.