MB 3.2 upgrade deletes MB3 on XP

I have a lifetime licence for Malwarebytes, and have been running MB Premium v.3.1 (without any other AV) on my old XP/sp3 for some time now without any problems. Tonight I got an alert that MB v.3.2 was ready to install, which I thought odd since I hadn't downloaded the newer version. But I figured maybe they were pushing out automatic downloads.

Anyways, I accepted the install, which ran partways then threw up an error code (sorry I didn't copy it) and offered me the option to click OK or Cancel. I clicked OK, whereupon I got an alert to restart to complete the installation. So I restarted, and found no copy of any version of MB installed, an alert from Windows Security Center that I had no AV protection, and an empty Malwarebytes folder in C:\Program Files.

So I reinstalled v.3.1, had to re-enter my ID and key codes, and things are back to the status quo ante. I ran a Threat Scan which, as always, detected nothing.

Just an FYI. Looks like v.3.2 isn't ready for prime time, at least for XP. I also have lifetime licences for Win 7 and Win 10 PCs, which have not offered an upgrade to v.3.2 yet. Which is OK with me!

Thanks Telos.

Manually downloading version updates has always been my preference. When all is well, I usually wait a few weeks after a release to do it that way to avoid bugs the beta testers missed. But I see that the default in MB 3 settings in all my PCs is set to automatically download/install version updates, which I suppose explains this download. I have turned this option off on all my machines.