buffalobill

Update Reverts to Freeware

Registered paying customer of Malwarebytes.  After the nagware bulldogged me into upgrading, I now have the freeware version.  Here I go to dig out my credentials to re-input.  Very unprofessional update procedure. 

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

You can also

Visit http://my.malwarebytes.com/ & sign up with the email address used to purchase the Malwarebytes product, once registered & logged in it'll show all your registered products, their ID & Key plus a deactivate all button.
This will be perfect for those who forget to deregister their product before trying to install on a different device.

I purchased malwarebytes from a reseller so I have no email address "used to purchase" product.  How do I get account on mymalwarebytes?  I purchased a version that can be installed on 3 computers so I'd like to see the status.

Edited by buffalobill

Just now, buffalobill said:

How do I get account on mymalwarebytes?

At this time you cant. They are working on a way but that is not ready yet.

19 hours ago, dcollins said:

This shouldn't happen. If you get a moment, would you mind running mb-check from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3_check. This should help us understand what happened here so we can prevent it from happening again.

I re-input my credentials and it upgraded.  I have a version that can be used on 3 computers but have only installed on this one.  Did it use one of my other licenses whereas I only have one remaining install left?  How can I check?

Just now, buffalobill said:

How can I check?

Except contacting support you can't.  Remember your subscription started when you activated the first computer so if you wish to put it on others do so soon so you can benefit from as much of the time purchased.