Updates are not current

4 minutes ago, Buddel said:

Dear all! Whenever I boot my computer (usually twice a day), MBAM Premium (latest version) tells me that MBAM updates are not current. What can I do to enable automatic updates whenever I boot my computer (Win 10 Home Premium)? Thanks for your help in advance.

What interval is your auto update set to? The default is hourly and is recommended.

4 minutes ago, Buddel said:

Problem seems to be fixed.:) Now that I updated my operating system to Windows Creators, MBAM no longer tells me that I need to update the program after a reboot of my machine. Anyway, thanks for your help, which is very much appreciated here.

Thanks for the update.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue as Buddel in this thread, only I am having it since updating Win 10 Pro 64-bit to Creators' Update version 1703. I'm attaching the log file as requested from Buddel. And yes, I'm using the default settings for updating, checking every hour etc. Any assistance you can offer will be appreciated.

mb-check-results.zip

Edited by KnownSecurityRisk

4 minutes ago, KnownSecurityRisk said:

I am having the same issue as Buddel in this thread, only I am having it since updating Win 10 Pro 64-bit to Creators' Update version 1703. I'm attaching the log file as requested from Buddel. Any assistance you can offer will be appreciated.

mb-check-results.zip

How long does your computer sleep or is off? Is it more than 24 Hours?

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the problem with 3.2.2 that I get Updates are not current. With our machines it can often happen that machine is down for more then 24 hours. But still, if I have check-for-updates this should work no matter how long device was turned off. It cannot be that I get a warning that malwarebytes is outdated but when I go there shortly after updater has finished and everything is fine. If I always get the message if machine is off for longer then 24hours the only thing I can say is, that's the stupidiest implementation of this feature I ever seen. No other Virus Scanner I used so far worked like this.

It's actually quite easy isn't it (at least from my perspective beeing a professional programmer too): when "check for outdated version" is triggered, delay function until updater is run if auto-updates are enabled. This would then only give you the warning if the updater failed, it's really not that hard. And I really don't get the point of the 24 hours. It makes no sense if auto-update happens shortly after.