Unable to get to site. IP Protection disabled?

I'm trying to get on www.gymjam.com. I can get to it from other machines in my home.

When I try, MBAM blocks me claiming an infection detected at IP 192.168.1.3 ... which is MY local IP.

I daily scans with MBAM, weekly with AntiVir and I have Superantispyware installed

When right clicking on MBAM IP Protection is NOT checked. In fact, I cannot check it.

When I turn off MBAM I still cannot get to the site.

I have tried IE, FF and just downloaded and tried Opera with no success.

I am not having any problems with any other sites.

Anyone have any ideas? If I try to ping www.gymjam.com I get host unreachable and MBAM blocks the IP.

I have not tried pinging www.gymjam.com yet w/ MBAM turned off b/c I'm running a full scan with MBAM now.

I just tried again, and the IP blocked was 72.167.232.235 which is a godaddy server... I assume it's the one www.gymjam.com is hosted on.

Why is it blocking IP's when ip protection isn't enabled? It is not checked and I cannot check it.

... I am now able to access www.gymjam.com no problem. ...

According to hpHosts,

This site is NOT currently listed in hpHosts

Host: www.gymjam.com ( H )

Current IP*: 72.167.232.235 ( 57 H )

IP PTR: p3nlh093.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

However, also according to hpHosts, several IP addresses in the same IP address block (72.167.232.*) ARE classified as malicious.

I suggest you post about the specific 72.167.232.235 IP in the False Positives forum. Perhaps MysteryFCM (the hpHosts DB administrator) will update MBAM to exclude that specific IP for www.gymjam.com from MBAM's IP Protection.

Please follow the instructions in this link when creating your "New Topic" post.

Good luck! :)

I looked more carefully through the hpHosts list of IPs in the same IP adddress block as www.gymjam.com and found a site with the IDENTICAL IP address as www.gymjam.com so you might be out of luck regarding removal of the 72.167.232.235 IP address from MBAM's IP Protection.

#	  Hostname			 IP			   Added		  Class		 23	 supercleanpc.com	 72.167.232.235   16/06/2009	 FSA

According to hpHosts, supercleanpc.com no longer resolves to 72.167.232.235 though so, who knows? :)

This site is currently listed in hpHosts

Host: supercleanpc.com ( 2 H )

Current IP*: 208.118.60.20 ( 8 H )

IP PTR: lwebvip1.cyberdefender.com

I'm still trying to get my head around the hPHosts database and how IP addresses, pointers, hostnames, etc. all fit together. :)

Still, I would suggest you post about the 72.167.232.235 IP address in the False Positives forum (perhaps with a link to this thread).

That IP was home to a known rogue. Checking a couple seconds ago shows the domain has now moved to a new IP range, so this IP will be removed.

However, given the nature of some of the other sites on the same IP, I'd strongly urge you to ask the owner to move to a new IP, especially given the nature and intended audience of his/her site.

That IP was home to a known rogue. Checking a couple seconds ago shows the domain has now moved to a new IP range, so this IP will be removed.

However, given the nature of some of the other sites on the same IP, I'd strongly urge you to ask the owner to move to a new IP, especially given the nature and intended audience of his/her site.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into it.

Paul