Mbamswissarmy.sys blocking booting Win 7 Pro PC

I found this link online and was hoping if anyone can help me with my problem as it is similar.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/7-malware-removal-for-windows/

I have a Windows 7 Professional Asus Gaming Computer. I haven't used it as much for gaming as I have for school and there are a lot of important files on it that I need for later.

While I was using my laptop my battery life was really low and it kept on shutting down on me (twice specifically) before I realized that the power cord was not pushed in all the way . Once I it fixed that I booted my computer up but an error showed up and it said:

File: \windows\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

I attached an image of it below.

Every time I reboot my computer, it shows up with this. I can't go to safe mode of any type nor does disable signature enforcement work.  I tried using a system repair disk but it didn't work when I tried use startup repair and I can't use a old system image to recover from as it is not recognizing my external backup hard drives that save that contain them. If there is anyone with a solution, please do reply!

MBABSwissArmy.sys Pic.jpg

Edited by RisingPowerUser

Alright, follow the instructions below.

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Recovery Environment Scan
Follow the instructions below to download and execute a scan on your system with FRST from the Recovery Environment, and provide the logs in your next reply.

Item(s) required:

• USB Flash Drive (size depend on if you have to create a USB Recovery or Installation media)
  • CD/DVD (optional: only needed if you need to create a Recovery or Installation media and your USB Flash Drive is too small)
  • Another computer (optional: only needed if you cannot work from the infected computer directly)

Preparing the USB Flash Drive

• Download the right version of FRST for your system:
    • FRST 32-bit
    • FRST 64-bit
      Note: Only the right version will run on your system, the other will throw an error message. So if you don't know what your system's version is, simply download both of them, and the one that works is the one you should be using.
  • Move the executable (FRST.exe or FRST64.exe) on your USB Flash Drive

Boot in the Recovery Environment

• Plug your USB Flash Drive in the infected computer
  • To enter the Recovery Environment with Windows Vista and Windows 7, follow the instructions below:
    • Restart the computer
    • Once you've seen your BIOS splashscreen (the computer manufacturer logo), tap the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears
    • Use the arrow keys to select Repair your computer, and press on Enter
    • Select your keyboard layout (US, French, etc.) and click on Next
    • Click on Command Prompt to open the command prompt
      Note:If you can't access the Recovery Environment using the F8 method above, you'll need to create a Windows installation or repair media. It can be made on the computer itself or another one running the same version of Windows as the one you plan to use it on. For more information, check out this tutorial on SevenForums.
  • To enter the Recovery Environment with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, follow the instructions in this tutorial on EightForums
    Note:If you can't access the Recovery Environment using the method above, you'll need to create a Windows installation or repair media. It can be made on the computer itself or another one running the same version of Windows as the one you plan to use it on. For more information, check out this tutorial.
  • To enter the Recovery Environment with Windows 10, follow the instructions in this tutorial on TenForums
    Note:If you can't access the Recovery Environment using the method above, you'll need to create a Windows installation or repair media. It can be made on the computer itself or another one running the same version of Windows as the one you plan to use it on. For more information, check out this tutorial on TenForums.

Once in the command prompt

• In the command prompt, type notepad and press on Enter
  • Notepad will open. Click on the File menu and select Open
  • Click on Computer/This PC, find the letter for your USB Flash Drive, then close the window and Notepad
  • In the command prompt, type e:\frst.exe (for the x64 version, type e:\frst64.exe and press on Enter
  • Note: Replace the letter e with the drive letter of your USB Flash Drive
  • FRST will open
  • Click on Yes to accept the disclaimer
  • Click on the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete
  • A log called FRST.txt will be saved on your USB Flash Drive. Attach it in your next reply

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!