MB 3.2.2.2018 Update Issues; Firefox, Adobe Air Applications

@Firefox 

First want to let you know that I finally heard from Adam V. regarding my ticket. He told me to do just as you suggested - to manually download and install MB 3.2.2.2018.  I replied and told him I did that and that I have subsequent issues in not being able to launch Mozilla Firefox or 3  other applications that run with Adobe Air.  I will understand if you don't want to bother trying to help me any further.  After all, Malwarebytes really should be taking responsibility for this.

Nevertheless, I did run the tools as you suggested.  When I tried to upload the mb-check zip file, it froze my computer entirely.  I wasn't able to close my browser and Alt-Ctrl-Del wouldn't even pop up for me to ask it to shut this down.  I ended up having to unplug and remove the battery from my computer, then reboot.  I'm going to try to attach the zip file, again, but think I'll post this message, first and then try to attach the file in a reply.  If it crashes my computer, again, I don't want to have to retype all of this.  I just seem to be going from bad to worse, here.  Fingers crossed...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

please perform the steps below and then post your results in its own topic (start a new topic/post) so we don't interfere with the original poster here....

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. FIRST: Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
  2. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
    NOTE: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
  3. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
  4. Press the "Scan" button
  5. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
    NOTE: These two files will be collected by the MB-Check Tool and added to the zip file for you
  6. NEXT: Create and obtain an mb-check log
  7. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
  8. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK"
  9. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
  10. Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area

Thank You,

Firefox

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

Like myself, Firefox is just a VOLUNTEER and can only do so much. The staff and help desk are on a very reduced status over a weekend much less a Holiday weekend. 

Yes, I realize that you and Firefox are volunteering your expertise, here, which is why I've tried to express my gratitude and appreciation, both in this and the other thread in which I posted.  But in case you missed that, please allow me to once, again, say thank you.  Still, it wasn't nice to "shout" at me.

After today, this will all be a moot point.  I've decided to delete all of the Malwarebytes files from my computer and go with Norton, instead.  Again, thank you for trying to help, but, weekend or not, it is Malwarebytes' responsibility to be on top problems with their products.

3 minutes ago, ljw said:

Again, thank you for trying to help, but, weekend or not, it is Malwarebytes' responsibility to be on top problems with their products.

We do what we are allowed to do. Sorry you could not hold on a couple of days. I will say it is good that you installed an Antivirus because you needed one. MB especially with its reduced capabilities on XP is not an Antivirus.

Also some of the issues With MB and XP have been fixed by turning off self protection in MB. 

I was going to advise you of that possible fix but I found your current post.

Best wishes and if you want to work thru the issues just ask and we can proceed with helping you out.  

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

We do what we are allowed to do. Sorry you could not hold on a couple of days. I will say it is good that you installed an Antivirus because you needed one. MB especially with its reduced capabilities on XP is not an Antivirus.

Also some of the issues With MB and XP have been fixed by turning off self protection in MB. 

I was going to advise you of that possible fix but I found your current post.

Best wishes and if you want to work thru the issues just ask and we can proceed with helping you out.  

Thank you.  I am continuing to run with MB on the Windows 7, but need something more reliable for the XP (my go-to machine).  So, I'm giving Norton a try.  Turning off self-protection sounds scary.  I'm guessing this is a temporary fix.  Good luck to you and all of the users, here, that you are attempting to help.

Just now, ljw said:

I'm guessing this is a temporary fix.

Yes,

I also apologize for "yelling" 

1 minute ago, ljw said:

but need something more reliable for the XP (my go-to machine)

My best advice is to "retire " the XP machine. Nothing you install on a computer that does not get security patches will truly protect it. 

Remember you still should have an actual AV on that Win 7 machine.

@ljw thanks for the kind words... as mentioned turning off self protection in MB3 on your XP machine will more than likely fix the issue for now until they roll out a fix.

Self protection in MB3 is to protect Malwarebytes files from being messed with by either you by accident, or form some malware that may try to turn off your services.  It should be OK to have it of for a bit while they come out with a proper fix.

Firefox