Windows Server 2016 and MBAM 3.2

Greetings,

I have a Premium account and all my machines at home run on Malwarebytes version 3.1.2.1733

One of those machines happen to have Windows Server 2016.

I got a message recently for a new version being available (3.2). However, this cannot be installed on the Windows Server machine.

As I understand, this is a decision by Malware Bytes:

What I would like to know is:

1. When is support for version 3.1.2.1733 ending? Since I either have to upgrade to business account or choose another product, I would like to plan ahead. Frankly, I do not feel comfortable paying a business premium when I do not run a business.

2. Is there a place where I can download the installer for 3.1.2.1733? I would like to have a backup in case I have to reinstall Windows Server.

Thanks in advance,

kakaouskia

19 minutes ago, kakaouskia said:

2. Is there a place where I can download the installer for 3.1.2.1733? I would like to have a backup in case I have to reinstall Windows Server.

Download

You would also have to turn off auto program update right away after install.
https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/web/mb3-setup-consumer/mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.2.1733.exe

Lifecycle

htps://www.malwarebytes.com/support/lifecycle/#lifecycle-matrices

Edited by Porthos

2 hours ago, dcollins said:

There is no workaround to install MB3.2 on Server as it's not supported.

As for licensing costs, you would need to talk to a representative at https://malwarebytes.com/business

So I filled out the form to talk about this and no-one has contacted me - what do I do now???  I'm in the same situation with server and I am not running a business

Hello again

Since I already have MalwareBytes 3.1.2 installed, I went into the application My Account -> Application -> Application Updates and turned both "Automatically download and install apllication component updates" and "Notify me when full version updates are available" to OFF.

However I still keep getting notifications that an update is available.

To top it off, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro and there MalwareBytes insists that version 3.1.2 is the lates version, no update is needed.

Finally, I am looking into MlawareBytes Enpoint Protection as the suggested alternative. Currently I use MalwareBytes in conjuction with Symantec Endpoint Protection. Does the business software play well with other tools or will I face problems in integration? Also, is there a way to convert a licence from home to business? I do not want to have 2 different billing dates for 2 licences. Besides, my licences expire in 329 days; I do not want to throw away a perfectly good licence.

2 minutes ago, kakaouskia said:

The only way I know to correct that is to run the mb clean tool and after when it asks to install the current version choose no and install the 3.1.2  I linked to in one of the above posts and trun off the program updates again.

5 minutes ago, kakaouskia said:

This is due to the update file is already downloaded and waiting to be installed.  You need to delete that file.  I believe you can find that file in this folder:
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and delete file mbam-setup.exe (its a hidden folder so you will need to show hidden folders)  I have a post about this, not exactly your version of MBAM but its basically related. See -->> RIGHT HERE <<--

9 minutes ago, kakaouskia said:

To top it off, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro and there MalwareBytes insists that version 3.1.2 is the lates version, no update is needed.

You will eventually get asked to download the update (its metered at the moment)

I will let staff reply to your questions on Endpoint Protection...

3 minutes ago, Firefox said:

This is due to the update file is already downloaded and waiting to be installed.  You need to delete that file.  I believe you can find that file in this folder:
C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and delete file mbam-setup.exe (its a hidden folder so you will need to show hidden folders)  I have a post about this, not exactly your version of MBAM but its basically related. See -->> RIGHT HERE <<--

I did not know for sure this existed in 3.0. Thanks

Thank you both Porthos and Firefox

For the record, I found the file in C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Did a search for *.exe and it came up - silly me did not save the full path

File was called mb3-setup-consumer-3.2.2.2018-1.0.188-1.0.2652.exe

Deleted the file, restarted the server.

Now the application still displays in the main screen once you open it that there is an update, however the notifications seem to have stopped.

On 9/5/2017 at 2:09 PM, dcollins said:

@zeffer it will take a bit for one of our reps to reach out to you

How long is a bit?  I'm an avid MBAM user as well I promote your products to all my clients.  I've been trying to ask for a quote now for about 3 to 4 weeks with no response.  I filled out the form again a few days ago and still nothing.

I too am in the same boat that I have a home server.  If the MBAM Endpoint Protection (the cloud based option) is using V3 backend, how come MBAM v3 will not install on server editions but this product will?  Just a valid question before someone else asks as the description says it uses the backend of the home product.  I've been wanting to test the MEP product anyways so I can report back some my business clients, so I'm fine with it honestly.

1 hour ago, nheimler said:

How long is a bit?  I'm an avid MBAM user as well I promote your products to all my clients.  I've been trying to ask for a quote now for about 3 to 4 weeks with no response.  I filled out the form again a few days ago and still nothing.

I too am in the same boat that I have a home server.  If the MBAM Endpoint Protection (the cloud based option) is using V3 backend, how come MBAM v3 will not install on server editions but this product will?  Just a valid question before someone else asks as the description says it uses the backend of the home product.  I've been wanting to test the MEP product anyways so I can report back some my business clients, so I'm fine with it honestly.

Can you PM me the email address you used? I'll reach out to our sales team to understand what's going on

• 2 weeks later...

@miles267 Sorry you haven't received a reply... I know they are behind due to the Hurricane Irma see announcement HERE

You can for now download the latest version 3.2.2.2029 CU 1.0.188 from HERE, which will install on your home server, at least till you get a reply from them....

@AdvancedSetup may be able to see what the hold up is, do you have a case number you can share?

• Root Admin

Hello @miles267

Your email was placed into the consumer group due to the use of Home and a free mail service. Most Support and Sales are heavily backed up due to the Texas and Florida emergencies, but I've reached out to someone and they should try to contact you back sometime tomorrow.

Thanks

Ron

10 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @miles267

Your email was placed into the consumer group due to the use of Home and a free mail service. Most Support and Sales are heavily backed up due to the Texas and Florida emergencies, but I've reached out to someone and they should try to contact you back sometime tomorrow.

Thanks

Ron

Thanks, Ron, for your follow up. Have installed the temporary MBAM installer on my Windows Server 2012 R2 home Server as suggested as an interim fix.