Malwarebytes Update

RosenneJ

You scared me today. Suddenly a popup wanted me to update Malwarebytes. With all the fake updates and other malware going around I don't think this was wise. I hit cancel, went to the site, confirmed that there actually is a new release, went to the dashboard and updated from there. This is still not 100% perfect, but is much better that just accepting a popup. Please reconsider your ways.

I suggest that it be handled the same way an overdue database update is handled - through the icon and the dashboard.  And as I'm on the mailing list, a mail advice would not hurt. And it is not "any program" - it is a professional anti-malware program with blogs that keep telling us that we cannot be too careful.

RosenneJ:

Clever cautiousness such as yours never hurts.

Your suggestion does in fact make sense, and we are actively working on new incremental features scheduled to be released subsequently, that are precisely meant to improve the scenario you describe while also addressing the concerns and questions our advanced community members share here. 

Thank you so much,

-Erix