Jump to content
MadDemon64

Malwarebytes System Tray Icon Missing After Latest Update

Recommended Posts

Ok, so I added the registry file but I can't find C:/dumps.  Is that folder hidden or added when it detects a crash?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MadDemon64 can you reboot your computer? You had an update installed on 12/7 which should have replaced the tray icon, and then hadn't rebooted since. Please reboot and see if the issue persists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dcollins said:

@MadDemon64 can you reboot your computer? You had an update installed on 12/7 which should have replaced the tray icon, and then hadn't rebooted since. Please reboot and see if the issue persists

I shut my computer off every night.  According to Malwarebytes I have no new updates to install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadDemon64 said:

I shut my computer off every night.

Restart and shut down do not do the same thing in Win 8 and 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Restart and shut down do not do the same thing in Win 8 and 10.

Why not?  Don't they essentially turn my computer off and on again?  I'm no computer scientist, but don't they serve the same purpose when it comes to installing updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadDemon64 said:

Don't they essentially turn my computer off and on again? 

No, Since Win 8 it only hibernates because of a setting called Fast Startup.

You're running Windows 8/10, which has a feature known as Fast Startup enabled by default. When you "shut down" your computer, you're not fully shutting it down. You're essentially putting it into a low power hibernation state that allows the machine to startup faster the next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No, Since Win 8 it only hibernates because of a setting called Fast Startup.

You're running Windows 8/10, which has a feature known as Fast Startup enabled by default. When you "shut down" your computer, you're not fully shutting it down. You're essentially putting it into a low power hibernation state that allows the machine to startup faster the next time.

Oh, no, I actually turned off fast startup a while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadDemon64 said:

Oh, no, I actually turned off fast startup a while ago.

Recheck it, MS has a habit of turning things back on.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list as mentioned in this FAQ HERE (my list below includes the exe files as well)
 

  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant
    C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamwow.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

 

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService
Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2017 at 12:10 PM, Porthos said:

Recheck it, MS has a habit of turning things back on.:rolleyes:

The box next to "Turn on fast startup" in the System Settings Tab of Power Options from the Control panel is unchecked, so looks like it's still off.  Or is there another way to check?

On 12/11/2017 at 12:15 PM, Porthos said:

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list as mentioned in this FAQ HERE (my list below includes the exe files as well)
 

  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\malwarebytes_assistant.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
  • C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMChameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys

 

Also please exclude the following folders too: (The complete folder)

  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Do I need to?  I have Norton Internet Security; isn't it know to play well with Malwarebytes?

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MadDemon64 said:

The box next to "Turn on fast startup" in the System Settings Tab of Power Options from the Control panel is unchecked, so looks like it's still off.  Or is there another way to check?

ok

8 minutes ago, MadDemon64 said:

Do I need to?  I have Norton Internet Security; isn't it know to play well with Malwarebytes?

I add exclusions to any computer I service. If things always played well why would there be a page dedicated:rolleyes: to it?  Add Norton to MB exclusions as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it happened again.  But, it happened on the day GOG Galaxy downloaded/installed an update.

I wonder if there's a connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happened again, and I had added Malwarebytes to the exclusion list for Norton.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who still has this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we get a new set of logs please? Preferably both FRST and mb-check?

Also, if you haven't yet, we made a few updates in our beta product. YOu can get the beta by turning on the option in Settings -> Application and then clicking Check for Application updates on that same page

Edited by dcollins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I uninstalled Malwarebytes and turned off the computer for the night.  When I turned it on the tray did not show up.

Clearly the missed update isn't the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MadDemon64 said:

Well, I uninstalled Malwarebytes and turned off the computer for the night.  When I turned it on the tray did not show up.

You uninstalled and did not reinstall it? Of course, the tray won't show up. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You uninstalled and did not reinstall it? Of course, the tray won't show up. ;)

Cute.

Of course I reinstalled it.  And it didn't show up.  But it showed up after I shut off my computer and restarted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MadDemon64 said:

Cute.

Just checking. It was the way you said it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just checking. It was the way you said it. :)

You know what the weirdest thing is?  In the past, reinstalling malwarebytes was a good way to make sure the tray didn't crash for around 20 days, but now that doesn't even work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.