About new Malwarebytes

Hello!

My apologizes if this is wrong place to post, but I'm new to this.

Some time ago I updated my Malwarebytes anti-Malware and it downloaded and installed the new Malwarebytes with premium trial (have 13 days left).

Today wanting to run it, noticed I had two, new and old ones both on my Mac. I removed old Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Appl Folder and deleted it. But now I got worried:

1) Was it okay to delete the old Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?

2) When premium trial runs out, will the new Malwarebytes function exactly the same as old Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (runs free scan, detects same threats with same skill)? Or should I download and install old one (if it is possible) again?

3) As they were both on my Mac at the same time, could it have damaged the new one?

Thank you for any help

Edited by Alfredou

1) Yes, it was okay to delete the old version.

2) It should function even better than the old MBAM did as there have been some minor improvements in version 3. You just won't be able to use the Real-Time protection any more.

3) I still have both on my Mac. They don't interfere with each other in any way.

3 hours ago, alvarnell said:

1) Yes, it was okay to delete the old version.

2) It should function even better than the old MBAM did as there have been some minor improvements in version 3. You just won't be able to use the Real-Time protection any more.

3) I still have both on my Mac. They don't interfere with each other in any way.

Thank you very much for your reply! I guess I was confused as suddenly there were two Malwarebytes with slightly different names. Updates usually remove old one so I wasn't sure if new one is same as old one. :D

Edited by Alfredou

• Staff

Because the two versions didn't conflict in any way and were so different, we wanted to support folks keeping both installed while getting used to the new app. However, that has caused some confusion. Of course, it's a no-win scenario... forcing removal probably would have made a different group of folks upset.

In any case, I'm glad you got your answers. Thanks for the help, Al! :)