Download/Android_Update_7.0.2.crdownload

This is the app of my bank. It says that a virus has been found and lists the following two files:

storage/emulated/0/Download/Android_Update_7.0.2

and 

storage/emulated/0/Download/Android_Update_7.0.2.crdownload

It offers a button to delete each of the files, but clicking it does nothing.

I have looked in the "Downloads" app as well as in the given folder, through Settings > Storage, but none of the two files appear to exist.

How can I proceed? I have tried various Anti-Virus programs. They do not discover any virus so far.

20806579_10154640994441968_47922463_o.png

• 5 weeks later...

Hi SkoraSkora,

It's hard to say what your banking app is triggering on here.  It may be that it did indeed found a malicious APK sitting in your downloads folder that hadn't been installed.  According to our Mobile Malware Intelligence System, there was an occurrence of Trojan.Bankbot.rn using the filename Android_Update_7.0.2 in which Malwarebytes for Android detects.

In order to check storage/emulated/0/Download/, you'll need a file exploring app like Astro File Manager to look in that directory — you can't view it via Settings > Storage.  If you have checked your Downloads folder and nothing exists, it could be that your banking app successfully removed it but is still reporting it being there.  Clearing the banking apps data and cache may resolve this.

Let me know if you need further assistance,

Nathan