Proxy support

Changes to the user interface pretty much never happen, because we would not be able to release until all of our translators reported back with updated translations, and that doesn't happen quickly or smoothly.

Anyway, quoted from the help file:

/proxy <server>:<port>: allows you to update through a HTTP or HTTPS proxy. Any future updates will use the specified proxy server and port. Leave blank to remove proxy usage. No authentication support yet.

Example: mbam.exe /proxy (will disable any proxy use)

Example: mbam.exe /proxy http://www.proxy.com:80 (will use www.proxy.com on port 80)

This is only partial resolution. There is no command, where to specify domain, login name and password for proxy access.

MBAM might not support proxies that require a logon yet, but you can try the following and see if it works:

/proxy <username>:<password>@<server>:<port>

Also, before we added this command-line feature, MBAM would use the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. Do you have your proxy settings entered into Internet Explorer, and it set to use the proxy?

MBAM might not support proxies that require a logon yet, but you can try the following and see if it works:

/proxy <username>:<password>@<server>:<port>

Also, before we added this command-line feature, MBAM would use the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. Do you have your proxy settings entered into Internet Explorer, and it set to use the proxy?

I have set IE for proxy use, but this is a problem for me, due the VPN access etc.

My IE must be set for proxy use, due the VPN access to work computers. But my Firefox does not use proxy access.

This is the reason, I wanna have an option in MBAM for proxy settings, with login name, password, and do not take settings from IE.

I know, this is easier way of proxy support implementation, but I guess, not the rightest one.

• Staff
I have set IE for proxy use, but this is a problem for me, due the VPN access etc.

My IE must be set for proxy use, due the VPN access to work computers. But my Firefox does not use proxy access.

This is the reason, I wanna have an option in MBAM for proxy settings, with login name, password, and do not take settings from IE.

I know, this is easier way of proxy support implementation, but I guess, not the rightest one.

If you're a licensed corporate user of our software contact corporate for assistance:

corporate@malwarebytes.org