AdwCleaner v7.0.1.0 unhandled unknown exception message

blueboy714

I had the same issue today after being auto directed to upgrade to new version from adwcleaner_7.0.0.0 to adwcleaner_7.0.1.0 . Caught unhandled unknown exception, terminating" when trying to clean 4 PUP.Adware.Heuristic elements

I just uninstalled the program,  deleted the file from folder, then downloaded again  directly from the Malwarebytes web site . Re-run the exe. identified the 4 PUP.Adware.Heuristic elements. selected clean and 4 PUP.Adware.Heuristic elements were deleted . Program worked as it should. No more error message or self terminating .

Goodluck

Ocfive -

I've never had to install/uninstall AdwCleaner.  When I click the file it automatically opens and tells me to select "Run".  I deleted v7.0.1 from my PC and went to MalwareBytes to install it takes me to ToolsLib to download.  I originally downloaded it from Bleeping Computers.  Neither one is working for me.  I still get the "*** Caught unhandled unknown exception, terminating" when trying to clean.

I saw the last post on 8/4/17 about fr33tux finding the error and fixing it - but that it was in beta.  I didn't see a post after that.

I guess I will wait for the fix to be released.

Coco - v7.0.2.0 worked without errors.  I did my normal cleanup process - run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, JRT, and then AdwCleaner.   I had deleted some of the empty folders that v7.0.1.0 found but couldn't clean, but v7.0.2.0 cleaned everything else.   Thanks.

AdwCleaner_Debug.log

AdwCleaner[C11].txt

Edited by blueboy714

Piece of crap still doesnt work. I go to my add and remove in my computer but I do not see malwarebytes there.

I have downloaded the new 7.0.1 and the 7.0.2 and they both come up with the same error.  Caught unhandled unknown exception; terminating

anyone know how to fix this?

Glad I'm not paying for this software as it obviously does not work.

I'm using windows 7

I have the same issue.

AdwCleaner v7.0.1.0 is crashing on me.  It is giving me the message "*** Caught unhandled unknown exception, terminating" when trying to clean POP.Optional.Legacy and PUP.Adware.Heuristic elements.   I use Windows 7 SP1. with latest patches.

I tried the v7.0.2.0 version but that came up with the message that i am using an outdated version at first, then it seems to run.

gtx. agdejager

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I closed all programs, brought up My Computer, clicked on C:  searched for ADwCleaner and delete all results., emptied the Recycle Bin, googled Malwarebyte, downloaded ADwCleaner , opened & installed the file and it worked fine. I think the .txt directory gets too full and will not accept new files so it shuts down. Hope this works for you!!