A note of appreciation for Aura

Hi!

I can not articulate very good enough the fear that grips you when your machine is infected. I guess I had a nasty case of addware infection that wouldn't let MB3 function and it was slowly hijacked avast and windows defender. I started getting BSODs. I went through various trusted online resources and ran the various steps as directed but I think each case is bit unique in terms of inherent vulnerabilities. Without much hope I posted in MB3 forum as a last resort after seeing someone having similar issues getting it resolved.

My case was taken over by Aura, and in first reply itself I felt a sense relief and reassurance. Aura clearly established ground rules and gave simple, easy to follow instructions. Aura gives a timeframe and updates when he wont be around even when you don't reciprocate it. Everyone is busy in their professional lives but he tolerated my tardiness. :P Aura even graciously agreed to reopen the thread which had gone idle and allowed me to make amends for other mistakes as well. I am not in IT or related services but from what I can judge it seemed that he knows what he is doing and it reflects in his confidence. I sometimes wondered why is just tier 2 or freelancer?

My sincere thanks to him for salvaging my laptop.

Bye for now!

Cybaba

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Cybaba said:

Hi!

I can not articulate very good enough the fear that grips you when your machine is infected. I guess I had a nasty case of addware infection that wouldn't let MB3 function and it was slowly hijacked avast and windows defender. I started getting BSODs. I went through various trusted online resources and ran the various steps as directed but I think each case is bit unique in terms of inherent vulnerabilities. Without much hope I posted in MB3 forum as a last resort after seeing someone having similar issues getting it resolved.

My case was taken over by Aura, and in first reply itself I felt a sense relief and reassurance. Aura clearly established ground rules and gave simple, easy to follow instructions. Aura gives a timeframe and updates when he wont be around even when you don't reciprocate it. Everyone is busy in their professional lives but he tolerated my tardiness. :P Aura even graciously agreed to reopen the thread which had gone idle and allowed me to make amends for other mistakes as well. I am not in IT or related services but from what I can judge it seemed that he knows what he is doing and it reflects in his confidence. I sometimes wondered why is just tier 2 or freelancer?

My sincere thanks to him for salvaging my laptop.

Bye for now!

Cybaba

Thank you for letting us know about @Aura's outstanding work! We're glad he was able to help you get back on track. We're also really glad he's on our side of the internet. :) 

I sometimes wondered why is just tier 2 or freelancer?

I'm a T2 Technical Support for a pharmacy chain company in Canada, and in my free time, I volunteer on malware removal forums (like Malwarebytes) to assist users with their malware infection :) Hope that answers your question!

And thank you for your kind words and nice feedback. It's always nice to wake up in the morning and find a thread/post like that waiting for you, it really makes your day!

If you ever face issues with your computer that you're not able to solve by yourself, feel free to drop by here again, and we'll do our best to assist you :)

Thank you once again Cybaba and stay safe!