Hello,

I purchased a 2-year subscription for the premium package. I am unable to activate my key. 

2017-08-11 14_52_27-Malwarebytes Free 3.1.2.png

Hello @ShashRises:

Thank you for reporting the system's activation issue.  The Malwarebytes' staffers/helpers must have good log data for a thorough fault analysis to begin.

1. Please save your work and close all running user applications for your convenience.
  2. Please follow the steps within the locked/pinned topic at Having problems using Malwarebytes? Please follow these steps.

3. In your next reply to this topic, please only ATTACH the three (3) separate files that are developed above: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, and Addition.txt.

Thank you again.

Edited by 1PW

You need to remove this from your hosts file. If you need help doing this please ask. 

127.0.0.1                   keystone.mwbsys.com

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, ShashRises said:

Well done! All resolved! Any idea how did I get that?

It was placed there by someone to pirate Malwarebytes.

6 minutes ago, RKinCO said:

I'm having the same problem. Just bought MBAM Premium and can't reach license server on just one computer in the house. The three files noted above are attached. Any help much appreciated. 

I suggest temporarily uninstalling Avast and restarting the computer. Leave it uninstalled until we work through the activation issue.

Will do when I have time and will post a note here. FYI, I was able to install and activate on another computer that is running Avast. (I bought license for 4 devices.)

THANK YOU for your help!

1 minute ago, RKinCO said:

FYI, I was able to install and activate on another computer that is running Avast.

I KNEW that statement was coming. Each computer is different.

@RKinCO You have a Windows Firewall rule to block network traffic from mbamservice.exe.

FirewallRules: [{D11D6044-2A4D-44D1-8669-77379FC12447}] => (Block) C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe (Malwarebytes Inc -> Malwarebytes)

This will need to be removed first.

Out of interest, where did you download the Malwarebytes setup/installer file from? Did you get it from the Malwarebytes website or somewhere else?

I got it from the Malwarebytes web site yesterday. But I bought the computer off of craigslist and thought I cleaned it up pretty well but I guess some stuff is remaining. I think I need to restart the computer to access the firewall rules at this point. 

1 hour ago, LiquidTension said:

@RKinCO You have a Windows Firewall rule to block network traffic from mbamservice.exe.

FirewallRules: [{D11D6044-2A4D-44D1-8669-77379FC12447}] => (Block) C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe (Malwarebytes Inc -> Malwarebytes)

This will need to be removed first.

Out of interest, where did you download the Malwarebytes setup/installer file from? Did you get it from the Malwarebytes website or somewhere else?

Wow, that was kinda hard to find but I got it done and it fixed the problem. Thanks very much!

5 minutes ago, RKinCO said:

Wow, that was kinda hard to find but I got it done and it fixed the problem. Thanks very much!

Good to hear.

I suggest turning off fast startup in Windows. Then restart.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

I would  also recommend creating exclusions between Malwarebytes and Your AV to help prevent any possible conflicts or performance issues.  Please add the items listed in this support article to Your AV 's allow list(s)/trust list(s)/exclusion list(s) particularly for any of its real-time protection components and likewise add Your AV 's program folder(s) (likely located under C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)) to Malwarebytes' Allow List using the method described under the Allow a file or folder section of this support article and do the same for its primary data folder which is likely located under C:\ProgramData (you may need to show hidden files and folders to see it).

24 minutes ago, RKinCO said:

Thank you. What's the benefit of turning off fast startup?

When you shutdown Windows with it enabled you computer does not actually turn off, It goes into a hybrid sleep mode and many functions of a computer actually needs a full shutdown or a restart more than you think.

Personally I don't find that Fast Startup is any faster on my system than it is when I turn it off. The only real difference I've seen is that getting to the desktop and all programs loading takes a few seconds longer but the benefits of not dealing with a hibernation file start is worth it.