Exceptions in ADWCleaner

This new version is finding 2 Files (?) Screenprint attached. I'm akmost sue they have something to do with Object Dock by Stardock because when I clean them I have to restart Object Dock. Is there ny way to add exceptions in ADWCleaner like there is in Malwarebytes? I can't find it if it's there.

Thanks

Jerry598cc6c278389_AdwareCleanerFindings.thumb.jpg.6889be3ddf187da0d734312276c05b3f.jpg

1:53:52 AM: Failed to create a temporary file name (error 5: access is denied.)
1:53:52 AM: can't open user configuration file.
1:53:52 AM: Failed to create a temporary file name (error 5: access is denied.)
1:53:52 AM: can't open user configuration file.

i do not know where to post this so i am posting it here and i hope someone will read it. but this is what i get when i try to run adware any version

thanks

jean

• 6 months later...
On 8/11/2017 at 8:07 AM, fr33tux said:

Hello,

A whitelist/exceptions feature will be available in an upcoming release (sometimes in September).

Where is the feature?

ADWcleaner keeps killing all my autohotkey scripts. I work alot with autohotkey and this is a bummer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see it is out now in version 7.1, but how does it work?

How do I exclude Autohotkey executables running in background from being killed by adwcleaner?

They are not deleted as they are not malware, but once the cleanup process starts it kills all processes it can kill and that's not cool. I would like it to not mess with my autohotkey scripts.

• Root Admin

Hello @vali272013

I'm sorry but it needs to kill processes in order to do the cleaning, otherwise, it would be locked out of cleaning many things. A tool like this is not necessarily something you'd need to run all that often. Only run it when you need to and reboot the computer when done. The entire process couldn't take more than a few minutes every so often.