Firefox

[RESOLVED] Post Number - Copy - Go To Post

Before the update, unless I am going crazy here....

We used to be able to click on a post number it would pop up a window of the link so we could copy it and then go paste it somewhere else to provide help.

Now when we click on the post number (#11 in my example) it just takes up to that same spot.  We have to right click and select copy link now.

598a2f7836a9e_postnumber.thumb.jpg.3850e29b98406cb6a7371fb59f15a85e.jpg

On 8/8/2017 at 2:39 PM, Firefox said:

Before the update, unless I am going crazy here....

We used to be able to click on a post number it would pop up a window of the link so we could copy it and then go paste it somewhere else to provide help.

Now when we click on the post number (#11 in my example) it just takes up to that same spot.  We have to right click and select copy link now.

598a2f7836a9e_postnumber.thumb.jpg.3850e29b98406cb6a7371fb59f15a85e.jpg

I think the overlay was part of pre-v4 but I'm not positive on this. I do know the post count plug-in for 4.2.x was updated and we had to consume the new one to make it work. This isn't an IPS issue but rather a plug-in one.

Your suggestion of right-clicking and copying the URL is the workaround. 

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

copy post..png

Great catch! I always forget about that one.

Did a cursory check on another v3 site and it appears (at least on that site) the post link and the share button point to the same URL and both pop-up an overlay. So it's literally the same thing but available via two methods that sit right next to each other.