Icon At Top Hotbar Removal/Virus Definition Popup (Mac)

Hi. I trashed the actual malwarebytes program from my computer. But the little M icon at the top is still there. and whenever I click on the icon at the top and click one of the options it says, There is no application set to open the URL com.malwarebytes.mbam://. Also, I get this ringtone every once in a while and it shows a popup in the top right corner saying, malware crusher | virus definition....or something along the lines of that. please get back to me as soon as possible. I am also using a Mac desktop (newer) if that could help.

Edited by fire
needed to mention platform I was using.

• Staff
On 8/5/2017 at 6:43 PM, fire said:

Also, I get this ringtone every once in a while and it shows a popup in the top right corner saying, malware crusher | virus definition....

You've got something installed on your computer from PCVARK, a very pervasive maker of junk software that often displays pop-ups promoting other pieces of their junk software.

Malwarebytes for Mac should detect and remove all PCVARK products that I'm aware of. If you have scanned with Malwarebytes and did not find anything, you may have a new PCVARK product installed. If that's the case, please send me a direct message so I can get some information about your computer to help identify what that might be.