unable to do system restore's

Hec

When trying to make system restores i always get this issue i run windows 10 64 bit in a samsung 850 evo ssd in my other two hard drives i run window 7 32 bit and linux ubuntu if thats releveant i just dont uderstand whats wrong i started the shadow copy volume copy and backup services ive also disabled kaspersky, mbam and my firewall it worked fine 2 days ago please help i dont know whats wrong. this is an example of what i see https://i.stack.imgur.com/DwWzW.png.

Can you backup to the cloud or something because I don’t have enough space on a drive also let’s say my computer boots to a black screen or something how would I go to restoring my system since I would normally just run sus restore from the windows installation disk

I just realized the image restore option from the windows 10 repair disk but let’s say windows screws up I’m unable to boot can I simply store the image in one of my 1tb internal hard drives and choose it from the installation disk to restore my drive ?

18 minutes ago, Hec said:

I don’t have enough space on a drive

You will need to purchase an external USB drive. Depending on the used space on your drives will determine the size of the external needed

19 minutes ago, Hec said:

et’s say my computer boots to a black screen or something how would I go to restoring my system since I would normally just run sus restore from the windows installation disk

You would create a Macrium boot disk (before the disaster) and boot from it to restore your last image. Remember these images are your entire computer and if you don't make regular images (I recommend at least MONTHLY) will not have any data since the last image after the restore.

4 minutes ago, Hec said:

I just realized the image restore option from the windows 10 repair disk but let’s say windows screws up I’m unable to boot can I simply store the image in one of my 1tb internal hard drives and choose it from the installation disk to restore my drive ?

Most likely no.

I do not trust images made by Windows anyway.

Edited by Porthos

look the system restore thing is even affecting macrium and windows backup im unable to do do any of the 3 i had a big drive for the backups but windows nor macrium succeded in making the backups an error search had this to say about it http://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50031.aspx  their fixes didn't work  i have started restarted and put the window shadow copy provider, volume shadow copy provider, windows backup and more services to automatic still didn't work people say it because of avg tuneup and tuneup utilities with turbo boost installed does ccleaner count as that or i dont know anything else id think would be razer cortex or toolwiz gamebooster i just dont know what to do if had disaster's that have happened like a nasty ransomware infection a few years ago and a few blackscreens all solved by backups and system restores, frankly im worried one of these will repeat itself and ill be left defenseless

3 hours ago, Hec said:

people say it because of avg tuneup and tuneup utilities with turbo boost installed does ccleaner count as that or i dont know anything else id think would be razer cortex or toolwiz gamebooster

Any of those "programs" have the potential of causing those issues.

Have you run the VSS fix?

VSSFix
If you have not been able to fix your issue using the solution above please download and run one of the below programs to fix your problem:

VSSfix 32bit - download
VSSfix 64bit - download

Didn't work i keep seeing vss volume shadow provider and stuff popping up i already double checked services and they are running set to automatic i dont understand this is what macrium says:

Initializing
  Destination Drive: New Volume (J:) - Free Space 148.50 GB
  Free space threshold: Delete oldest backup sets when free space is less than 5.00 GB

Creating Volume Snapshot - Please Wait
  Failed: Code: 0x8004230f - Retrying without VSS Writers
  ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->AddToSnapshotSet((LPWSTR)volume.c_str(), GUID_NULL, &SnapshotID)" failed.
  - Returned HRESULT = 0x8004230f
  - Error text: VSS_E_UNEXPECTED_PROVIDER_ERROR
  ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->BackupComplete(&pAsync)" failed.
  - Returned HRESULT = 0x80042301
  - Error text: VSS_E_BAD_STATE
  ERROR: COM call "m_pVssObject->AddToSnapshotSet((LPWSTR)volume.c_str(), GUID_NULL, &SnapshotID)" failed.
  - Returned HRESULT = 0x8004230f
  - Error text: VSS_E_UNEXPECTED_PROVIDER_ERROR

I would run check disk on your drive.

Also,

• Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Attach both of these logs to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area
Edited by Porthos

I tested a couple of things I don’t see cryptoprevent causing issues so I reinstalled it just now about Sophia and Kaspersky don’t have Sophos Av installed and I uninstalled kaspersky some time ago I don’t know why it still shows in program files even if I wasn’t able to solve my issue I appreciate your help nobody in other forums had responded till now :)

so i noticed i have the microsoft shadow copy provider and volume shadow copy in automatic but when i restart they do not start automatically i need to start them manually, even when i start them it doesn't work video say you need to set them to automatic start them and restart windows but if they dont start automatically could this be the problem, if so how can i solve it

You're getting out of my comfort zone to advise on a forum.  I don't want to advise anything that can blow your installation. Actually, if that was my computer it would have been wiped and reinstalled by now.

If I needed the other OS's I would have them in a Hyper-V environment

Wait for advancedsetup to get a chance to look.