License key confusion

Hi all,

Have an old Malwarebytes license key (and ID) that I've used for windows previously. It's a 3-pc lifetime key. To my knowledge when going to buy a license key, it says it is compatible for windows and macOS, hence I am assuming this is the same here. 

When going to use my key I bought ages ago in macOS version of mbam, it asks for a license key (and not an id) - I input my key but cannot press activate license - I presume because it Is too short?

I have the following details: ID: xxxxx-xxxxx Key: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Is this usable on the macOS version of Malwarebytes? If so, how?

Thanks

• Staff

Sorry for the delay getting back to everyone here. I wanted to make sure I knew the right answer before saying anything.

Lifetime licenses are no longer being sold, and existing lifetime licenses are only valid for the Windows product. They are not intended for use with the Mac or Android products, and will not work with them.

• 9 months later...
  • Staff
3 hours ago, Huan said:

Hello, is there any Mac OS License code? Lifetime or by years? 

If you have purchased a key through our website since August of last year, or purchase a new key through our website now, those keys are good on Windows, Mac and Android. There are no new lifetime keys being sold at this point.

• 9 months later...
I am very disappointed to read that the Lifetime licenses I purchased in 2010 do not really mean lifetime because changing device means I must pay annually. My change from Windows to Mac products (Macbook, iPad, iPhone) means that I must pay for Malwarebytes all over again (and again and again). Multiple licenses - annually. Not happy as I no longer use Windows and so my four lifetime licences are sitting idle which I continue to pay. Of course, my receipt for the lifetime licenses did not mention "Windows" or "Windows only" as the Mac product had not yet been created.

The Windows and Mac products are similar enough to be given the same product name but not to honour the lifetime licenses. I hope Malwarebytes reconsiders this carefully. Love the products. But I have a bitter taste in my mouth concerning the company now.

Malwarebytes for Windows and Malwarebytes for Macs are different products with different features, but both were engineered to accept the new license keys. Similar to what I stated in quoted text above, Malwarebytes for Mac will not accept any license keys purchased before July 31. But if you purchased a key after July 31, that license key will be accepted in either the Windows or Mac version.