Full scan finishing within 2 minutes

Has anyone experienced this issue? Currently using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Corporate) 1.80.2.1012. Within scanner settings, I have all options selected, included filesystem objects. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and use the after uninstalling cleaner. I have the correct drive selected. Anything I might be missing?

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Corporate) 1.80.2.1012
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version:
  main:    v2017.08.01.06
  rootkit: v0000.00.00.00

Windows 10 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 11.1007.10586.0
droberts :: DROBERTS-LT [administrator]

Protection: Disabled

8/1/2017 11:56:29 AM
mbam-log-2017-08-01 (11-56-29).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: 
Objects scanned: 488715
Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 32 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Edited by droberts

Guest malkil

@droberts uninstall mcafee, since it is one of the worst antivirus as of now.

There was a time when it used to be considered best among others.

If you will go by today the best antivirus software available as follow:

1) Bitdefender - If you do not want the paid version you can use there free version also which uses the same malware database engine as that of paid product 

bitdefender free - https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

bitdefender total security 2018 (90 days trial) - https://www.bitdefender.com/site/Facebook/redFreeDownload

2) Kaspersky -if you do not want to buy paid product ,even kaspersky unlike bitdefender have developed there free product which uses the same scanning engine as the paid ones.

kaspersky free - https://products.s.kaspersky-labs.com/english/homeuser/kfa2018/kfa18.0.0.405aben_12645.exe

3) Norton - norton only has paid version available

you can use any one of the top 3 with malwarebytes and you will be safe from malwares always

49 minutes ago, djacobson said:

I'm not asking you to uninstall it, I want you to disable HIPS and test a scan, eliminating a known incompatibility caused by HIPS. If this allows your scan to run as normal and not be interfered with, then you have your answer.

My apologies. I disabled HIPS and got the same result. A preventative from Malwrebytes is stating that this is now considered normal. Although, when completing my scan, I don't actually see it scanning the filesystem, even though it's checked.

There was a large upgrade in speed from 1.75 to the client version 1.8 that you are on currently. Much of the increase is due to optimized scanning of things like disk encryption. The following customer was using Symantec PGP and experienced this. 
As an example, a customer observed the following:
•    A full scan with 1.75 took ~50 minutes
•    A full scan with 1.80 took ~1 minute

Edited by droberts

It's been optimized and the signatures have received some pruning but it should be that quick. Could I have you get an FRST log from an example machine?

Frst Log
Please follow the steps below to run frst.

1.) Please download frst and frst64 from the link below and save it to your desktop:

FRST 32-bit version: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/FRST
FRST 64-bit version: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/FRST64

Note: You need to download the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer; that will be the right version. Some traditional Anti-Viruses may false positive the download or running frst, I can assure you it is safe. If this happens, please temporarily disable the AV.

2.) Double-click the purple frst or frst64 icon to run the program. Click Yes when the disclaimer appears.
3.) Click the Scan button
4.) When the scan has finished, it will make 2 log files in the same directory the tool is located, frst.txt and Addition.txt.

Please attach frst.txt and Addition.txt in your reply.

Guest malkil

do one thing, try by opening my computer and right click on the drive and select scan with malwarebytes and disable realtime protection in mcafee (disable all the protection settings in mcafee)

7 minutes ago, malkil said:

do one thing, try by opening my computer and right click on the drive and select scan with malwarebytes and disable realtime protection in mcafee (disable all the protection settings in mcafee)

I do not have this option, could be locked down by Group Policy

@droberts, reviewing your case on our ticket system, and the logs you have submitted, this is most likely due to the disk encryption in use, causing a failure to fully enumerate the file system. For now, continue to use just the quick scan setting until the agent you are working with, KLatimore, comes to a resolution for your issue. I am locking this thread to avoid double work since you have an actual ticket open.