Malwarebytes doesnt detect the trojan on my mac

I was doing a daily scan on my mac and using Malwarebytes and then I saw a file named Trojan.SteamStealer.CSGO and for some reason, it just skips the file and makes it like it's not a threat. But it shouldn't do that because it has the name trojan in it. And now I can't seem to find or remove this virus. Any help would be appreciated.

• Staff

That's not a file. Malwarebytes is showing you the names of the threats it's looking for, not filenames. Since it didn't detect anything, it did not find Trojan.SteamStealer.CSGO, or any of the other threats it was looking for.

• 2 months later...

hello! so i take it that the trojan.steamstealer.csgo isnt a virus?

and also what is adware.kilim? it feels a bit strange because it says kil' im

and one last thing. someone called me on my flip and asked if i was well... "me" 

he somehow knew my name and i felt scared by that. and judging by the replies i got from friends, everyone i knew got the call as well. can someone help me?

• Staff

As I said, those are the names of things Malwarebytes is looking for, not things it is finding. It will alert you if it finds anything.

Someone calling on the phone and asking for you by name is not malware-related. Junk phone calls pretty normal these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since you aren't finding any malware, then this isn't the right place to be getting advice about your system. Try the Apple Support Community Sierra Forum.

But since my system takes up 89GB, yours would seem to be quite normal and I don't understand what makes you think you have storage problems?

• Staff
15 hours ago, ANewGuyThatNeedsHelp said:

hey treed! can u help me? my computer (mac os 10.12.6 sierra) has some storage problems.

What are these problems you're having? As Al points out, 85 GB for the system is not unusual. My system here is bigger than that.

• 3 months later...
On 12-11-2017 at 10:40 AM, alvarnell said:

Since you aren't finding any malware, then this isn't the right place to be getting advice about your system. Try the Apple Support Community Sierra Forum.

But since my system takes up 89GB, yours would seem to be quite normal and I don't understand what makes you think you have storage problems?

Hi, I don't know if you need anymore help but if you need, this can help.

The system tab also includes cache files. That are files that are temporarily saved to you're pc/Mac, but is often doesn't delete those automatic.

I recommend a program like omnidisksweeper to locate and delete these cache files. More on how to do that, I found here:

Have a nice day! gr. ∂åvė

• Staff

It is not advisable to delete cache files for no reason, as that will temporarily harm the performance of your Mac as it rebuilds those caches. If you repeatedly delete caches, it will repeatedly cause performance issues.

Further, using OmniDiskSweeper to find things taking up a lot of space and then deleting them can be highly dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're looking at. Never delete anything from your Mac if you aren't 100% certain you know what it is, and that deleting it is okay.

• 1 month later...