Particularly Nasty Infection

Hi guys,

Been using the site for a while now, never had to use the forum before but you seem to be able to fix everything so some help with this would be greatly appreciated if you can.

Right, yesterday I was browsing and noticed that Java had been started. More or less straight away I got one of them notices 'you are infected'. Now before disconnecting the internet I came to the site and tried to download the software but something kept redirecting me to other websites. Basically anything that could be perceived as a threat I suppose. I have now disconnected from the net. I used Mcafee to scan the system but it found nothng and after a restart the 'threat' pop ups stopped.

I managed to run a HiJackThis scan and have got a logfile if needed. I then found a copy of MalwareBytes on my machine and installed it, however only managing to run the program after changing its name to winlogin.exe, however I did not update as I could not see it being able to reach the update from my other attempts to visit similar websites. The software found a number of threats, however struggled to remove 2 and told me they would removed upon a system restart.

Since then my machine simply refuses to reach the log in screen.

Hope you can help, thanks again,

DammitBauer

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.