Online Banking Info Stolen - How to Clean Computer

My Online Banking information was stolen a few days ago and the bank is currently investigating the issue. I only used Online Banking on my computer. This means that there must be some type of malware on my computer. Malwarebytes Scan did not show any threats, I am not sure but this may be a rootkit or something that is deep inside my computer. I am fully prepared to do some type of complete reset or format of my drives and I would like some assistance on how to do that as well as figuring out how I got infected in the first place so I can prevent this from happening again. Thanks

MalwareBytes Summary.txt

AdwCleaner[C0].txt

AdwCleaner[S0].txt

AdwCleaner[S1].txt

AdwCleaner[S2].txt

AdwCleaner[S3].txt

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

• 3 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Hello @LostAndConfused and :welcome:

I don't see an obvious infection. A few things I probably wouldn't run on my computer (not bad, just stuff I don't need)

I don't see it currently running but this computer has had P2P software running on it at some point which is a very good way to get infected.

FirewallRules: [{C29E5AF7-D5FB-4DAE-9721-955AF559812E}] => (Allow) C:\Users\Edward\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
FirewallRules: [{6091BB5F-0B80-4ECD-AE3F-86D0E4F60BF1}] => (Allow) C:\Users\Edward\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
FirewallRules: [{7658928D-52F6-4CFD-B1EA-9529F12BE35D}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\qBittorrent\qbittorrent.exe
FirewallRules: [{7B540250-FCDE-4ABD-913F-5520545D3E4B}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\qBittorrent\qbittorrent.exe

Let me have you run the following antivirus scanner from Kaspersky and see if it finds anything or not.

Please download and run the following tool to remove any found threats

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

Thank you

Ron

I ran Kaspersky and it showed no threats found. What were the useless programs on my PC? I've accumulated a lot over of random things over the past year, I'll be sure not to install any unnecessary programs again. Do you know how I would go about completely wiping my PC? I have backup-ed my most important files to an external HD. I would prefer to just completely resetting and clean installing my whole computer to put my mind at ease. 

Yes I am planning on reinstalling windows, also another question. I made a backup of my personal files, If one of those files were infected and I put them into a reinstalled clean windows then could the infection happen again? During the malware checks and scans, the files were on the computer by the way so it should have shown up if they were infected. Thank you so much for your help by the way.

• Root Admin

There is always the possibility of a file being infected that could re-infect. But it would need to be triggered by you or some process. I would scan all of the backed up files with the following program and see if it finds anything.

Please download and run the following tool to remove any found threats

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!